45 - part two

Arabella helped Jughead pack his things, but not everything. He had decided to keep a few things in the house in case he wanted to stay there.

It was strange going to school though and not seeing Jughead there to walk Betty to class or to eat lunch with. Arabella and Eric walked into the student lounge and saw Betty had just walked in a little before them. Archie and Veronica sat on the couch as if Betty were giving a presentation.

Oh, how badly Arabella refrained from pushing Veronica off the couch.

"Great, everyone's here," Betty smiled. Arabella and Eric had pure confusion on their faces.

"Are you gonna tell us that you're finally retiring your ponytail?" Arabella joked. Betty glared at her. "What? Is it a crime for liking your hair better when it's down?"

"Are you going to retire your god, awful wardrobe?" Veronica tried to joke in Arabella's way, but Arabella just glared at her.

"Says the girl who dresses like a middle-aged woman whose husband just cheated on her with her younger, hotter friend." Arabella said. "Have fun with that, Karen."

Veronica opened her mouth to get back at Arabella, but Betty interrupted. "Back to my news?"

"Oh, sorry, Bet. Please continue." Arabella said, standing in front of her.

"Well, I have a brother." She said.

"What?" Arabella asked. "What're you talking about?"

"I have a brother. Older than both Polly and I. My mother just told me."

"Oh, the Cooper family keeps extending." Arabella smiled.

Betty nodded when her phone began to rang and she turned away from her friends to answer it. When she turned back, her delighted smile was replaced with a confused frown.

"Bet, what's wrong?" Arabella asked.

"Jug's at Southside High," She said.

Everyone seemed shocked except for Arabella. She had assumed that he told everyone before he went.

"He didn't tell any of you?" Arabella asked. "We talked about it last night."

Betty was speechless. She wanted to go get him and bring him back to Riverdale High, but Arabella didn't want to join because she knew that he wanted to go to Southside High. Betty, Archie and Veronica went to get him anyways.

Arabella and Eric were eating lunch in the student lounge when they both received a text from Cheryl. Arabella put down her fork and immediately began to close her thermos.

The text read: Thank you for trying. I'm going to be with Jason now. xx

"Eric, we need to go now." Arabella said and he didn't hesitate. Eric told Arabella that Cheryl was acting weird and now they both knew why. There was only one way for Cheryl to be with Jason and they both knew exactly what that was.

"Where would she be? Not Thornhill, right?" Arabella asked as they rushed to Eric's Jeep.

"No... where did they go last, Bella? Sweetwater River." Eric said as he started up his truck and zoomed out of the parking lot and to the river.

The ice on the ground was difficult for Eric to control his driving, so he couldn't go as fast as he wanted to. He ultimately pulled in front of a large sign and a wide path leading to Sweetwater River. Arabella and Eric trudged through the snowy path to the edge of the river.

Besides the white sheets of ice that blanketed the river, the only thing that stood out was bright orange hair from the middle of the river.

"Cheryl!" Arabella shouted. She turned to face them. "Cheryl, please. Come back."