33

Arabella's internal smile was undeniably glad yet very nervous as she stared at the well-put-together boy whose blond hair, that usually only had a hint of gel in it, was now not even moving from the amount he lathered it in. Eric's dark green bomber jacket was prominent against the pastels that dazzled the room as he walked in with two boxes in his grasp.

"Hey, Polly," he grinned happily, something the young Queen hadn't seen in a while.

Arabella looked back at Cheryl who was now smiling slyly at her. "Hurt him and I break you," Cheryl said.

"I'd like to see you try," Arabella said before beginning to walk away from her foe, but something she forgot to say caught her mind. "And I would never hurt him... on purpose."

Cheryl's stone-cold look softened a tad when she could tell by Arabella's voice that she really was trying at attempting to make things better with Eric.

Arabella lingered behind the living space, where everyone was gathered; hoping Eric wouldn't see her, but latching onto a shred of aching hope that he would.

The girl's eyes skimmed through the crowd making sure Eric was far, greeting anyone who was actually near her until everyone attempted to find a seat or stood around the living room when Betty announced that Polly was now opening gifts.

Everyone had quiet down to observe the mother-to-be's reactions to when she had finally opened the gift they had given her, but Arabella's eyes were still glued to Eric's tall frame. From some reason, her eyes wouldn't peel from him; even when he finally met her glare.

He shifted awkwardly in his boots when he noticed her long, dark brown hair that was in it's usual style: a half-up, half-down ponytail with the ends loosely curled; her makeup was light, accentuating every beautiful curve of her face and making her skin pop; and what she wore screamed "modern princess" and Eric wanted her back.

He wanted every inch of her beautiful hands to be intertwined with his once again. He wanted her smile to be caused by him once again. He wanted Arabella Padmini Queen back. And as much as Arabella wanted him, too, she couldn't help but know very well that she was already slowly getting over him.

"Bella," Jughead whispered from behind the girl, ripping her attention from the blond boy.

"Hm?"

"Polly's opening your's."

Arabella's full attention moved to the pregnant girl who has a genuinely happy smile on her face; something Arabella hadn't seen in a while.

"These are from the Queens," Polly announced so everyone knew, as Veronica rolled the teal stroller with gold detailing, that carried multiple gold-wrapped boxes, in front of the girl. Arabella smiled as Polly began to unwrap each gift delicately, attempting to hide the amount of excitement she possessed.

As Polly went from large to smaller gifts, Arabella attempted to keep track of all of the ones left for her to open until the end.

A baby monitor.

Black and white crib sheets.

A set of baby bottles with baby puns on each one.

A three sets of gender-neutral outfits.

Three pairs of baby Converse.

And-

"I think this is the last one." Betty grinned, handing Polly the smallest box, which was still pretty wide.