27

Eric and Arabella ignored each other for a day or two. It was what he asked for of her, so that's what he got.

Arabella was at school and hadn't really seen any of her friends for the same amount of time. It was almost like everyone just disappeared. Maybe it was for the best though; Arabella was hurting everyone she loved and it wasn't making her feel any better.

But upon reaching homeroom, she noticed Betty and Eric sitting at the three's shared table.

The young Queen walked over over to her friends, and once getting Eric's attention, he stood up and joined his football friends.

Arabella assumed he needed more time, so she just sat at the table with Betty.

"Hey, Bet," Arabella smiled softly at the blonde girl who had furrowed eyebrows.

"Hey, Bella," she said before continuing onto her curiosity about why Eric left the table. "What was that about?"

Arabella shook her head with a false smile. "That doesn't matter right now. Did you find Polly?"

Betty nodded, "yeah. She's safe."

The young Queen nodded. "Good."

"But my parents don't know that she's actually in the attic," Betty whispered so no one else heard her.

Arabella's eyes widened. Polly was pregnant and currently staying in the family's attic?

"Betty, you son of bitch," Arabella said with slight shock.

"Close enough," the blonde girl whispered under her breath, taking Arabella's joke seriously. And though Arabella heard it, she continued.

"You can't just keep your sister in your attic."

"I know that, Bella."

Arabella nodded simply, "she'll stay at my house."

Betty's eyes widened, not wanting to cause trouble. Then again, even if her parents found out where exactly Polly was staying, her mother would probably be fine with it considering that Melanie Queen and Alice Cooper were best friends in high school... literally attached at the hip.

"Bella, I can't let you do th-"

"I'm going to, okay? I have the room and can give Polly what is required for her child. It's no problem."

Betty was still unsure about having Polly be a guest in Arabella's house due to intruding, but Arabella was insisting very much. Betty just thought of what was best for her sister, and this was most likely it.

"Thank you, Bella."

"Anything for my favorite Squares."

Sheer curiosity made an appearance in Betty's mind once again after the two shared a long silence.

"Now... what happened between you and Eric?"

Arabella looked up Betty with her smile fading then at the boy who was smiling with his friends and felt her heart sink even deeper than before when she saw how happy he was without her.

"Bella?" Betty questioned, looking at the girl for an answer.

Still looking at Eric, whose eyes met Arabella's as well, the girl responded fragilely.

"He broke up with me."

Betty was shocked by this news, knowing that the two were on break with the likeliness of getting back together. She couldn't help but feel horrible for her friend who seemed like she was trying her best not to think about it.