28

It was hours after Principal Weatherbee had a stern talk with the three troublemakers that he assigned them to detention after school.

Frankly, Arabella hadn't really done anything wrong; she was just breaking up the fight between the two boys... that was caused by her.

Okay, so, maybe she was at fault, but at least she broke up the two from seriously injuring each other.

Arabella took an empty desk that was right behind Eric's and a few rows down from where Archie sat.

She had decided to keep a stern eye on the two of them, making sure that they didn't say one word to each other. Though, that didn't mean that she couldn't talk to the both of them.

Arabella leaned forward onto the wooden desk so that she was now closer to the back of Eric's head. By doing so, he could hear her whisper better.

"Eric." She said sternly, attempting to get the boy's attention. He ignored her.

"E." She tried again, using one of his common nicknames, but that still didn't work.

Arabella exhaled sharply and tried a more suitable nickname that only the two of them pretty much used.

"Prince Charming," Arabella hummed in what sounded like a teasing tone.

The young Queen's vision of the back of Eric's blonde head was replaced by his beautiful face that had aggravation printed on it.

"What?" He asked in more of a statement tone.

Arabella teased how angry he was by sarcastically mocking him, which she later noticed that he didn't find amusing.

"Look," the ebony-haired girl sighed, "you're probably still heated from this morning-"

"Ya think?" He said with prominent sarcasm, which led to Arabella rolling her eyes until the whites of them only showed for a millisecond.

But she continued, ignoring her ex-boyfriend's interruption.

"-and it wouldn't surprise me if you are... but what the hell, you asshole?!"

Eric's eyebrows furrowed with anger at the girl, but it lessened quickly when he remembered that it was Arabella he was talking to; someone he could never really be too upset at.

"What do you mean by 'what the hell?'" Eric asked with false interest in his tone.

"I'm talking about the entire reason we're in this situation!" Arabella whisper shouted, also beginning to feel the glare of Archie on her.

"Why did you have to punch Archie? A simple telling him off would've sufficed!"

Eric's face contorted with annoyance as he inched closer to Arabella.

"You're right. I shouldn't have punched Archie. He didn't deserve that because really it was just you. It was always you, Arabella."

The young Queen's furrowed eyebrows relaxed into a form of being arched. Shock was mixed with a soft look of understanding that Eric was probably right.

The blonde boy continued; not that he really wanted to, but just to explain to her.

Eric exhaled softly, struggling to get the words out this time. He didn't want to hurt Arabella at all, and no matter how much he wished to take back what he had already said, he couldn't.

"You-" he began, "you were the one to take a break from our relationship for something that wasn't even that serious, now that I think about it. It... it felt almost as if you needed an excuse to be on a break... and it was wrong."