34

That night, Arabella sat on her bed with her knees pressed to her chest. The girl chewed on her chapped lips as she was lost in thought; only Eric's face running through her mind.

She had to see him, but he didn't want to see her. She needs an excuse... maybe walking her pup, Sirius? He would be a perfect excuse.

Arabella knew that she had the perfect truth laying on her dresser in the corner of her bedroom, but some part of her still wanted an excuse.

Instead of just replaying different scenarios in her head, Arabella knew she had to act on what she was yearning to do.

The object on her dresser has been taunting her for days with light constantly reflecting from it and grabbing her attention. This time, the object finally had her complete and utter focus.

Arabella rose from the comfort of her sheets; grabbing a pair of black leggings from her closet and slipping them up her exposed legs. All she had left to do was pull on a bra, grab her purse and Sirius and rush out the door.

Which was what she did.

As the girl pulled on a coat and Ugg boots, she whistled for her dog to meet her at the front door.

"Sirius!" She shouted as she grabbed the harness collar from her entryway table. "Baby!"

Arabella knew that the dog would've heard her if he was in the house because every tiny sound bounced off the walls and echoed. So imagine how loud it would be if she was currently shouting.

But, nonetheless, Arabella could hear the pitter-patter of his feet against the tile from a mile away as he sprinted towards her.

"Hey, Siri," Bella said with her nerves about seeing Eric picking at her stomach, "we're gonna see an old friend."

The girl turned the alarm for her house on before she walked outside of her door and down the dimly lit, brick driveway.

Eric's home was never really far from Arabella's when driving, but walking? It was about twenty minutes, which Arabella didn't really think about as her mind was stuffed with how exactly she was going to approach Eric and how she would explain to him why she was giving him what she was giving.

Arabella took large, quick strides (which was completely different from her normal gait) to get to Eric's home, and began to feel a sense of nervousness when she approached the familiar street that he lived on.

Her speed heightened when she noticed the lights of his house were still on as his driveway was lit up from top to bottom.

Arabella added a little more pep to her step, and nearly slipped, towards Eric's house until she reached the front door.

On her way up the driveway, she noticed that Eric's Jeep was present, but not his mother's minivan; that meant that if even more drama was to go down between them, now was going to be the time to do it.

Arabella stood awkwardly at the boy's wooden door, reaching into her coat pocket and pulling out a Swarovski-crystal, red and green rose. It was originally supposed to be wrapped beautifully and intricately, but with the official break up, Arabella didn't really care about how it looked anymore; she just wanted it out of sight and out of mind.