29

It was before seventh period when Arabella was standing quietly by her locker, playing on her cell phone.

She didn't have anyone to talk to at the moment and she didn't really want to talk.

She needed some alone time from Archie and Eric; so it was too much trouble to even talk to them right now if they weren't even going to listen to her.

And she was going to go talk to Betty, but she was already with Archie when Arabella saw her.

So the young Queen was standing in front of her locker with her math textbook pressed to her chest in one hand, and her phone in the other.

And it didn't really take much for her to look away from the lit-up screen because boredom quickly overcame Arabella.

She just wanted to stay in her bedroom for as long as she can and just cuddle with her dog. She just wanted to avoid anymore confrontations, but that just wasn't going to happen to her... not today at least.

As Arabella was lazily bracing on her locker, three familiar figures walked past her; figures that she nearly missed from being lost in thought about Eric.

Walking down the almost clear hallway was Sheriff Keller, Principal Weatherbee, and Jughead Jones; the last person she wanted to see tagging along behind the Sheriff.

"Juggie?" Arabella asked herself with confusion. Jughead noticed his best friend looking at him but just held his down, trying to think hard about what he was in trouble for.

The short girl followed the men, and boy, outside to see exactly what was happening... and so she could not make as much of a scene.

"Sheriff Keller!" Arabella shouted from behind the group as she caught up with them.

The older man with obvious silver hair turned to be met with a well-dressed girl. Jughead noticed his friend's voice and was going to tell her to leave it alone, but she spoke before he could let the words leave his lips.

"Where exactly are you going with my friend?" Arabella asked intensively.

The sheriff sighed exhaustedly, obviously tired of these young students being mixed up in Jason Blossom's death investigation in general.

"Don't worry, Miss Queen. We're just taking Jughead here down to the station to... ask him a few questions."

Arabella placed a hand on her hip; the other still gripping the textbook.

"Why can't you ask him the few questions that you have in the school? Why have him be shown off to the entire school as some sort of fugitive?-"

"Bella-" Jughead began to say, but his friend still spoke.

"-It almost seems as if you're arresting him... and you can't do that without a warrant," Arabella stated, feeling satisfied with herself for making a proper accusation.

Sheriff Keller looked at the young Queen and nodded understandingly.

"Now," the older man began, "that would be deemed necessary if I was actually arresting Mister Jones."

Arabella's small smirk dropped as quickly as it had formed.

"I suggest you go back to class, Miss," the Sheriff said nonchalantly before taking the driver's seat in his car and zooming off with the girl's best friend inside.

Arabella puckered her lips as if there were something tart in her mouth before pulling out the cell phone she had been lazily scrolling through earlier, and calling the one person she knew could help the most.