16

It turns out that while nearly everyone was at the last picture show, Betty's mom had confronted Ms. Grundy because she found out about their relationship.

Honestly, Arabella never liked Alice Cooper; the woman was so scared of having some kind of bad name that she didn't care about her daughter's feelings.

But Betty was way stronger than everyone actually perceived her to be. Most people would go insane with a mother like her's, but she's probably the most sane in her family.

And about Ms. Grundy, Arabella didn't really like the feeling of her and Archie together. It was just too strange. She hated the fact that he was a minor, and from Arabella's point of view, it was pretty much like the woman coerced him into it.

It was that morning, though, that Arabella couldn't think about anything else but the fact that Jughead was actually staying at her house.

It made sense too, considering they were like brother and sister.

The young Queen woke up earlier than her friend, so it came as a surprise to him when she knocked on his bedroom door an hour before the two were supposed to get prepared for school.

"Juggie?" Arabella whispered, knowing that the boy was a light sleeper, so he'd wake up when she opened the door anyways.

His room was nearly completely dark until the light from the hallway overcame most of the bed and floor.

The girl smiled slightly to herself when she saw that he was still partially asleep because what she had planned to do would annoy the hell out of her friend.

Arabella ran towards the bed and hopped onto it with a small laugh.

"Juggie!" She shouted lowly, "wake up! We're gonna be late for school!"

The boy groaned annoyingly and looked at his friend through squinted eyes. "What time is it?"

The girl grinned at the fact that she told a white lie to her friend. "Five-thirty."

Jughead rolled his eyes in annoyance at the fact that Arabella woke him about two hours before they actually had to be at school.

"But," Ara continued, "I have a surprise for you after you finish getting ready!"

Jug looked at his friend confusingly with a small smirk on his face. He didn't really expect anything and he didn't really want anything, but if Ara had already planned something, he wasn't going to pass it up.

"You know where everything is," she said climbing off of the bed, "take your time... but not too much time."

Arabella exited her friend's bedroom and automatically skipped down the stairs after she closed his door.

Sure she didn't plan Jughead staying at her house with her, but she wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to make a 'welcome!' breakfast for him.

Once Ara reached the kitchen, she didn't waste time pulling out all of the ingredients she needed to make pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

Surprisingly, it didn't take very long to whip everything up and place it in three plates.

The girl placed a cover over the third one for her mother before she sat down at the bar stool waiting for her best friend.

The boy with the signature beanie walked into the kitchen. Much to his surprise, his eyes widened slightly when he saw Arabella sitting at her kitchen table with a wide grin on her face.

"Every growing boy needs a proper 'welcome' breakfast!" The young Queen exclaimed excitedly.

The girl held out a fork to her friend and reluctantly accepted.