39

Arabella shrugged and leaned against the nearest wall — taking a sip from her cup once again.

Archie glances over at her to see if she would say anything or even try to fight back, but she was strangely calm. Eric had stepped forward a little for the same reason as Archie. Arabella had still not budged.

Archie finally spoke for her. "She didn't cheat on Eric, they were on break."

Arabella looked at the ginger and put a hand out to hush him. "No, Archie it's okay. You don't have to explain. The only thing that matters is the fact that you, Eric, and I know that I didn't technically cheat on him."

Arabella glared at Cheryl who was beginning to get annoyed. "I know who I am," she said. "I just think it's kind of sad that you think I need these people's approval to live my life."

Cheryl exhaled sharply and turned her focus to Veronica. "Then how about Veronica Lodge came with her mob wife mother to Riverdale for a fresh start. Tell me, Veronica, what's so fresh about defiling Archie Andrews in a closet?"

"That was your doing." Veronica said defensively.

"Moving on." Cheryl spoke quickly to move the subject from her. "To dear Daddy Lodge. Isn't it true that your father, from prison, illegally purchased the drive-in land? It makes me wonder else is he doing behind bars."

Veronica took all of this in instantly and calmly fired back. "Well, I can't speak for my father, but I can think of someone with a very dirty secret. Specifically, Cheryl killing her own brother."

"Everyone knows how much I love my brother." Cheryl said, clearly heartbroken from even the thought of the statement.

"Exactly." Veronica said. "But did you maybe love him in ways a sister shouldn't love a brother? And as you got older, Jason started to think that it was strange, unnatural-"

"Ugh, shut the hell up, Veronica." Arabella stayed loudly. All eyes were on the young Queen once again. "I cannot believe that you have to stoop so low as to imply that Cheryl held incestuous feelings towards Jason. It's pathetic."

Veronica held back a sardonic laugh — instead she just scoffed. "Says the girl who had to sleep with her ex-boyfriend to know if she actually loved the one she was on break with."

Arabella walked closer to Veronica and crouched to the height she was at due to her sitting in a chair. "What's even more pathetic is not owning up to the crap that your family's done. What's pathetic is the fact that you think you can move somewhere new and think everyone here is going to praise you when you only show them an ounce of kindness and buy them something. What's pathetic is thinking you know shit about people you just met. What's pathetic is that you think you have a say in my relationship with Archie. What's pathetic is that you are so stupidly oblivious to who your father really is." Arabella monologued. "I've got contacts, sweetheart, keep up."

Veronica's cocky smirk had faded into what one would have described as fearful. And everyone surrounding the two girls did almost feel the same as Veronica — some fear towards Arabella Queen.

Arabella wasn't done though — she had carried out the action before her mind could fully process it. She had taken what was left in her red cup and poured it on Veronica's head.

This immediately caused a bigger reaction from the crowd than her words did. Veronica just sat there and took it as Arabella instantly felt horrible for what she had done, but she wasn't going to let others know that — so she stayed quiet.

"Oh my god, Bella." Betty exclaimed as if she just witnessed her best friend punch the girl. If Betty hadn't said anything, she would've felt better about what she'd done.