|1| Distraction

Sienna::Clark

I'm 22 years old, trying to move out of my parents house with the minimum wage I make a week at a fast food place. Living in the city of angels is a blessing and a curse, blessing because every corner you turn you either see a celebrity or a movie being filmed. The curse is everybody from other states and countries want to be here making the city extra crowed. Thinking that moving here will make you a somebody right off the bat. Wrong!

There's a lot of things I want to be in life, but I've always wanted to be a personal assistant for a Celeb more in mind Kim K or Nicki Minaj. It's always been a dream of mine to pursue this and now I am. The only thing is is that I'm not an assistant to Kim or Nicki. I'm assisting someone else...

~2 Weeks Ago~

"Good luck on your interview today!" My sister, Alana, yelled as I grabbed my car keys. "Thank you!"
I walked outside, it was 90 degrees with a slight breeze and it felt so good. I was headed downtown to meet with an agent that pairs you up with celebrities to assist. Instead of being in an enclosed space, we were going to an outdoor restaurant.

Tonia, the interviewer, told me that she rather interview people with the comfort of food around them.
I arrived at the spot and went to the hostess, "I'm meeting with Tonia Sanders." I smiled and the woman led me her way.

"Ms. Sand-" I began to say, "Please Tonia is fine." She smiled and pointed to the chair across from her. I quickly sat and placed my purse on the floor, "Thank you for meeting me." I spoke to her as she tapped away on her phone. "It's my job sweetie."
"Why assisting? Out of everything in the world and don't tell me it's because you just want to be around stars." Tonia placed her phone on the table and gave me her full attention.

I gulped, knowing that that was one reason I wanted to do this job.

"Well...I chose this because I thought it'd make me feel needed. Even though with other jobs you are needed, but it's just something about helping out people with busy lives make their life a little less stressful."

I applauded myself in my head. I had no clue what I was talking about, all I knew was that I answered the question with some knowledge.

Tonia was staring at me with her hazel eyes trying to think of another question I suppose. I was starting to get uncomfortable by the way the stare lingered.
Clearly my throat, "I do know that coming into this job there will be complications with the media and all that. I feel that I am prepared for an occupation like this." I gave a small smile. She was still quiet, but this time she moved and let out a breath.

"This particular person I'm paring you up with...has went through three assistants in the past two months." She paused and I got worried. "I'm not going to tell you who this person is yet because you'll see them in two weeks." She smiled.
It took me a minute to realize what just happened. "Two weeks?" My eyes widened, Tonia nodded. "I'll be sending you the address and reports of the last assistant so you won't do what she did."

Tonia grabbed her phone and started opening up apps and typing things in. Butterflies were filling my stomach as she was silent, I was expecting more questions to be asked out of this interview, but I guess one was good enough for her.
"Okay so basically this meeting is over and we didn't have to order anything." She chuckled. "I will be emailing you my thoughts on you and why I gave you this job, along with the other important things that come with this job." She stood up from the table, I slowly followed her movements. "Thank you, Tonia." I smiled and stuck my hand out for a hand shake.

She connected hers with mine, "If anything doesn't go your way my phone will always be on and I can look for another person you can work for." She smiled and let go of my hand. "Goodbye Ms. Clark." Tonia waved and walked out of the exit.
"I can't believe it's happening!" I squealed to myself  as I gathered my purse. I immediately called my job and put in my two week notice and left that restaurant with higher confidence than I had when I first walked in.

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

"I'm back!" I yelled walking into the house. I heard a door slam down the hall and feet quickly approaching me. "How'd it go? Did you get the job!?" Alana's eyes wide and her demeanor eager for my response.  "Is Mom and Dad home?" I asked before telling her the news, she nodded. "But Dad's asleep and Mom is in the room taking a shower."
"Okay well I want everyone to be together." I said trying not to sound excited. "Is it good news at least?" He eyebrows raised with concern. "Eh."

>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

"Okay tell us." Mom said annoyed. My Dad slowly made his way to the couch. I stood by the fireplace that we barley use, with my hands in front of me.
"So I had an interview today for a job that pays more money the my current job...personally I thought the interview went great, but Tonia thou-" I was cut off by my Mom. "Hunny it's okay, I can see you want to cry, you don't have to tell us if you don't want to."

I shook my head and continued, "Tonia thought that the interview went really great and said that I will be starting my new job in two weeks!" I clapped my hands together, my sister jumped up from the couch and hugged me. "I'm so happy for you!"
"Yes Sienna, I'm very proud of  you." My Dad said getting up from the couch and joining the hug. We all backed away from each other and stared at my Mom.
"Elle?" Dad raised his eyebrows. Mom stood up and walked pasted me, "Sienna good job on making it into the real world." She opened up the cupboard and grabbed a wine glass. "Thanks Mom."

"Should we celebrate? Let's go out to eat shall we." My Dad insisted, but my Mom said otherwise. "You know we don't have money to go out and celebrate." She huffed, I looked between my parents and took hold of Alana's hand. "Outside?" I mouthed, she nodded and we made our way out muffling the yelling.
"So who are you assisting?" Alana asked, I looked at my hands.

"I'll know in two weeks." I grinned.

~Now~

I am now standing outside the house of my new position. My heart pounding against my chest as I raise my hand to the doorbell. "This is it." I tell myself as I hear the door handle being turned.
My heart beating faster once I see who I am working for now...Justin Bieber.

-••••••••••-
October 29, 2017
Words: 1201

I'm excited for this one!!

I've changed this plot so many times and I felt more confident writing this one.

Please tell me your opinions it's is what motivates me to write😊