|4| Distraction

Sienna::Clark

After the two hour meeting Justin and I were in, I called my friend, Raye. I needed her expertise on a few things that I had to get for Justin. I have to help prepare Justin for an event that is in a couple months, the good thing about this is that I have a little bit more time to plan his outfits, hairstyle, and help him choose what songs to sing that would fit the theme or set he was going for.

"I don't really have a day off anymore, so do you think you can come over to help me with something?" I asked Raye. "Sure just tell me the time and I'll be there." I thought for a second, I was not sure if Justin still needed me after the meeting. As of right now he is talking to Scooter and I'm just standing here waiting for him, so we could head back to his place. "Are you free tonight around..." I trailed off, not having a set time is possibly one of the worst things ever. "8 or 9?" There was a pause in response, "Yeah, I'll see you later." With that she hung up the phone and at the same time Justin was done talking to Scooter.  "Ready to go?" He asked approaching me. I simply nodded and made my way towards the front door of the building. The ride home was quiet, Justin was on his phone and I was looking over the notes I took in the meeting.

Minutes later the car came to a stop, Jake parked and opened the door for us, Justin tipped him and we went inside the house. "Do you want anything to drink?" Justin asked as we stepped into the door. "Water is fine. Thank you." I was walking to the table where I sat yesterday and laid my papers out.  As I sat down a text from Alana popped up.

Alana: Can you pick me up from school? Mom is at a bar drunk and Dad is in a meeting and won't be able to pick me until 4.

Me: Give me a second.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Justin is it okay if I can go and pick up my sister from school? My parents are unavailable at the moment."  There was a pause, "I swear I'll be back." I surrender. He chuckled, "Yeah you can." "Thank you." I grabbed my purse and jogged towards the door. "Do you want or need anything while I'm out?" I said before turning the door handle. "Nope I'll be good!" He yelled from the kitchen and with that I was on my way.

Me: I'm on my way.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>-<<<<<<<<<<<<

"She never wants to spend time with us! She just wants to be alone! Sometimes I don't understand why Dad even married her!" Alana yelled. I sat there letting her finish her rant about Mother. I always try and see the positive in her, but that rarely happens now. "Sienna when you move out please take me with you." She begged. "Do you care if you sleep on a couch?" I raised my eyebrow. Alana quickly shook her head, "I'd be grateful." She said making me chuckle. "Hopefully I'll be able to come up with the money soon." I slowly braked as we approached our house. "Thank you and sorry I had to call you." Alana gathered her things and opened the car door. "Don't worry. I'll see you later." She closed the car door. I made sure she made it into the house before I took off back to Justin's place.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>-<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

As I pull up to the driveway there was a car parked in the spot I was last in, without any hesitation I backed up and parked on the street. I had no clue who was about to be on the other side of the door nor did it really matter to me. I was there for one thing and one thing only and that was to make sure all of Justin's requests were sorted out.

I raised my hand up to the doorbell to ring, but remembered that I have a key to his house. Questions raced through my head, "Should I use the key? It's only the second day on the job." "Will he be mad?" "Wonder if this is a prank key?"