|25| Distraction

Sienna::Clark

6 Months Later

"Still haven't been caught by the public or Raye." I spoke to myself as I got dressed for my day.
Dating Justin was becoming easier everyday, I think keeping it a secret was keeping the relationship exciting.
There would be days where I'd be "staying late" at Justin's working. In reality, we'd be having a dinner date or simply just a quickie before I headed home.
I feel that when the time is right we'll go public, but before anything we have to discuss everything with his publicist.

My phone rings pulling me out of my thoughts of my future. It was Justin.

"Hello?"
"Am I on speaker?" He asked. I giggled, "No you're clear."
"Good morning my angel."
He says things that make me smile and make me think that dating him was the right thing to do. Although he does become a distraction when I need to be focusing on setting up meetings for him.

"Good morning." I say back to him.
"What's your plans for today?"
"Hanging out with the fam. You?"
"You know popstar things."
I rolled my eyes.
Justin and I do this thing where we pretend that I don't know his schedule to kinda give us an allusion that I don't know a thing about him.
It doesn't work of course because I'm the one who knows what he's doing every second of the day.

"I wish I could be doing popstar things with you."
I lied. I like my nobody life.
"One day my love."
"We'll see."

A knock sounded on my bedroom door.

"I need to borrow some clothes please!" Raye yelled from the other side.

"Justin I have to go now, Raye is being needy"
"Okay I'll see you tomorrow, love"
"See you tomorrow."

I set my phone down and answer the door.
"What's the occasion today?"
"I have a new date." She smiled from ear to ear. "Oh?" I said making my way to the closet. "Do I know him or know of him?"
She shook her head, "I don't think you do."
"I'd like to know of him please."
"Of course." She said laying down on the bed.

She began telling me where she was at the time. At a club, which then she ended up going to an after party. His name, Taylor, she doesn't know the last name which makes me a little uneasy because wonder if she goes missing and I know that he was the last person she was with.
Anyway, they met at the party and talked the entire night and that never happens with her. She's always been a one night stand kind of girl. So she might actually like this boy. The way she talks about him tells me everything I need to know.

"I think this will look cute on you."
I handed her an orange loose top and an orange skirt that flowed in the wind to match.
"You haven't even worn this yet!" She held a tag that was still attached. "Now it's yours!"
"You know I love you right?" Raye hugged me and kissed my cheek.
She ran out the room, leaving me so I could finish getting dressed.

__________

"I have a couple months of high school then I'm out!"
I shook my head at my sister's excitement, only because she thinks everything is easier from now on. No matter how many times I tell her that it sucks she won't believe me. Working your hardest to get where you want to be is a scam sometimes and I wish it wasn't.
"I wish you all the best." I chuckled. "Thank you. I hope I find my dream job as fast as you."
"I hope you do too. Honestly."

Alana has no idea about Justin and I either, but my dad on the other hand knows. I trust him the most, he'd never open his mouth on private situations. He didn't even want to say anything to the police when we told them my mom took everything out of his house.
We'd talk about my love life with Justin when we knew Alana was asleep or when she'd go out with friends. He's given me the best advice he could give. I'm still trying to figure out how to make my dad and Justin meet without Alana eventually finding out, along making sure nothing collided with Justin's schedule.

"Speaking out dream job." Alana spoke. "How's it going?"
"It's good, just getting busier by the day. Of course I can't give you any gossip or else I'll get fired."
"I doubt he'd fire you." Alana shrugged.
"What makes you say that?" I was curious what her brain was thinking.
"You've been working there for almost a year. You're still there working. He obviously likes you enough to keep you around."

I kept quite, what I could say next might rat me out.

"Sienna don't you see it? He hasn't been seen with Haliey since forever! I bet you and Raye are the only girls he sees and has a crush on one of you! When you and him start dating I better be the first to know."

I couldn't help but let out a little laugh. "You and your imagination need to calm down. He doesn't think that of either of us."
"How do you know? You're not him."
"She has a point." Dad opened his mouth. "Well I don't think he has a crush on us. We work with him."
"And? That didn't stop Ariana Grande from saying one of her backup dancers"
I placed my hand on my forehead, "Well I'm not her now, am I?"
"I guess not."
"I love coming over, only to get hated on by her." I smile. "Don't hate the player, hate the game."
"Whatever. Don't you got friends to go see?"
"Yeah I do actually."
"Be back before 10pm please." Dad spoke. "I might be back before dark, it's only noon."
"Sounds good."

Alana ran up to her room, collected her bag, and left. Leaving my dad and I alone to talk about my life that could spiral any moment.
"Close call huh?" He said standing up to pour himself more rum.
"You can say that. I trust her, but don't. I feel bad about it sometimes."
"Don't. You're looking out for yourself and us. You are doing what you think is right. And when the time is right maybe she'll not make it such a big deal."
I nodded, "You're probably right."
"You know I am."
Dad always makes something make sense. He never made me feel like my decisions were a selfish act, he made me think they were learning experiences. Which they are.

"He's been treating you good though?" He asked. I quickly nodded, "Yes 100%"
"When will I be able to meet him?"
"That I'm still working on. If this month goes without any rescheduling there may be a free day where you two can meet." I smiled.
"Good because I'd like to meet the boy behind the cameras and tabloids."
"I'll try and make that happen Dad."
He came over to me and hugged me, "You know I love you right?"
"Yes Dad and I love you too."

The remainder of the day consisted of him talking on the phone for work, eating snacks, getting dinner ready, and when Alana came home we watched a movie together.
I wouldn't ask for any other way for my night to end.

•—————•

February 25, 2021
Words: 1247

I'm sorry that I take years to update, I've been doing covid work and it's sooo tiring.
I'll try and update again as soon as I can