|22| Distraction

Sienna::Clark

"Do we have everything?" I asked Raye as I began to head to the door.

It was our time to leave the island and head back to our regular lives in California. I was relieved and stressed at the same time. A conversation that I wasn't mentally prepared for was waiting to happen there.
I looked out the balcony one more time before we left the room.
"I'm going to miss this view."
"Same. Waking up to it was an experience." Raye grinned. "But I mean we can buy a beach house."
I chuckled, "That will be our new goal."

A knock sounded on our door, "Are you girls ready? The plane is fueled and ready to take off."
"Coming!" I yelled, walking to the door. "Until next time my love." I say walking out of the room.

_______________

We stepped foot on the plane and the boys weren't on board.  I asked the attendant where they were and she said that they boarded on another plane to give us space.
Part of me was hoping to have the plane ride with them, since we didn't run into them the last two days.

The flight was going to be about eight hours, Raye took it upon herself to turn her side into a bed and lay down. "Thank you boys for not coming aboard!" She yelled as she closed her eyes. "I know you're happy Sienna, no Justin to flirt with you or shoot you with his glares of love." She chuckled. "He does not have the glare of love." I rolled my eyes.
"Okay, whatever you say."

The night Justin and I kissed, I didn't tell her a thing about that because she'll somehow run her mouth to someone and then next thing you know, I'll be in the tabloids.

____________

Once we landed, I headed straight to my Dad and sister to see how they were.  I've been noticing that as each day gets crazier with Justin, I've been seeing my family less.
I knocked on the door and Alana opened the door. "Sienna! How was the trip?!"
"Nice to see you and it was interesting." I spoke while giving her a hug. "Where's Dad at?"
"He went to the store to go grab something for dinner. Are you gonna stay?" She asked. "I can. I don't think I'm needed yet." I smiled.
"Great! Because I have so much to tell you." Alana clapped.

Then I realized that maybe she could help me with my problems, assuming she wouldn't tell a single soul about it.
In my contract I'm not supposed to tell anyone about what goes on with Justin, let alone me and him as a thing. If it ever comes to that.

_____________

Time passed and my dad came home. He walked in a have me the biggest hug of all time. It was a well needed one to say the least. I didn't want to ask him how he was feeling since the whole mom thing happened, he seemed happy in this moment and I didn't want to ruin that feeling for him.
"How's work been treating ya?" He asked, guiding me to the kitchen.
"It's been good, just got back from a trip." I smiled. His eyebrows raised, "Work trip? Or date trip?"
I gave a chuckle, "It was neither. Justin insisted that I needed a break from the new life I live."
"That's nice of him. He's a keeper."

My eyes widened at what my dad said. "What do you mean by that?"
My dad began to get everything ready to make dinner and Alana came and sat next to me on the island.
My dad then paused and looked at me for a brief moment.
"He paused his fast life to make sure that you didn't lose yourself in it. To me it looks like he's tryna win your heart baby girl."
"But he is basically my employer, that can't happen."
My dad shook his head, "If I remember right, you weren't interviewed by him. You were given to him to help him."

"Dad it sounds like you're telling me I'm not helping him enough."
"Besides working for him. What are you doing for him?"
I paused before answering, it was something I've never thought about. I didn't know how I was really affecting him, but then I think about the last time we kissed.
"Dad, I have to go." I shot up from the seat. "Where are you going?"
"I need to talk to Justin." I grabbed my bag, reached in and grabbed my phone to text Justin. "I'll come back for dinner another night and we can continue this convo after I figure out what's going on."
My dad nodded, walking over to me and giving me a hug. "Remember any decision you make is never a wrong decision."
"I'll remember." I smiled and headed out the door.

____________

What was supposed to feel like a thirty minute drive, felt like an hour. I pulled into Justin's driveway and took a deep breath.
I didn't know what I was going to say to him, I just know I needed to talk to him about what he needs. After calming my nerves a little bit, I finally made my way to the front door and knocked. Shortly after Justin appeared, "You have a key remember." He chuckled. "Yeah I just thought because I wasn't really working today, I shouldn't use it." I smiled, earning a smile from him. "You're an interesting girl. I like it. Come in."

I walked in and made my way to the couch, he went to the kitchen to grab me a drink and as he did, my nerves came back.
He appeared back in front of me, "Here you go." He said handing me my beverage. "Thank you." I smiled, quickly opening it and drinking half of it. "I'll go get you another."
I shook my head, "No it's fine, that was all I needed."
"Okay?" He sat back down. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Why did you insist we that we take the break we took?
He smiled, "That's not what you came here for. Is it?"
I didn't say anything, I just looked at him. "Sienna, there has to be another reason you came here at almost nine at night. And I've already told you why I insisted on that trip."
"Justin I just don't know if I'm doing enough for you."
He gave me a confused look, "What do you mean? You want more work?" He chuckled. "I'm not going to over load you like that."
"No not work wise. I think that as your assistant I should be doing more than just getting things together for you. Am I there emotionally for you?"

"Do you want to be?" He asked me. "Do I need to be?"
Justin licked his lips and stood up from his seat. My heartbeat sped up.
"Justin?"
"Sienna." He said sitting next to me. Our eyes met each other's.
"You already know how I feel about you and I'm trying my best to respect your rules and feelings."

"But?"
"But it's so hard to not kiss you and give you the world that I know you deserve because you're not letting me."
My eyes flickered from his eyes to his lips then back again, my next move surprised me. I leaned in and kissed him. Kissed him as if I haven't seen him in months.
"I'm sorry." I say as I pulled away. He shook his head and connected our lips again.
This wasn't the talk I was excepting to have with him.

He pulled away once more, "Did that answer your question?"

~••••••••~
August 24, 2020
Words: 1285

Sorry for being a lager, I have no excuse for why I wasn't active.

But how is everyone doing during this quarantine?
Hope you're all doing good☺️