|7| Distraction

Sienna::Clark

"Good Morning Sienna!" A shirtless Justin yells from on top of the stairs. "Good morning!" I yell back, trying to sound somewhat happy. I watched him as he got closer to me, he made everything he did look effortless.
"How was your night?" He asked, causing me to reminisce a couple hours ago. Like any other sensible person would do, I lied. "It was good." I forced a smile. Justin nodded and proceeded to the kitchen, I followed right behind him.
"So." I started, but Justin was quicker with his words. "That smile you gave me...that wasn't a true smile."

"How would you know?" I sassed. "Because I do it for a living, Sienna...Are you sure everything is fine?"
Looked into his brown eyes for a second, choking on words that wanted to come out. I wanted to tell him my emotions because that's what I need in this moment,but he's my boss. That wouldn't be "work appropriate" for my job. "Everything will be okay." I nodded and he nodded.
"What I was on the verge of saying is that, my friend Raye will be over to talk to you in about an hour or so. So I think you should put some clothes on." I grinned.

I turned around and went up stairs to my little office space. I pulled out the designs along with everything else and pondered over what would go with this set.
"Halley is coming over today too. Just wanted you to know so you can prepare for her." Justin chuckled as he walked into his room. "Thank you."
Raye texted me saying she was on her way over here, so I began prepping everything. I was told during the interview that, "Even if this person that is your friend or family member, you have to treat them as guests. It is policy." I don't think I will forget those words ever because when Tonia said it she sounded like she was gonna end my life if I broke this policy.

"Do I look good to you?" Justin asked, I quickly turned around to face him. "What? Sorry."
"Does this look good on me?" He raises his eyebrow, I nodded. "Yes, but then again everything looks good on you." I smiled. Then panicked because Justin might have thought that I was flirting with him. "Thank you." He said walking into the room. He sat on the corner of my desk watching me do my work.
"Did you need something?" I asked looking at him from the side.
"Not necessarily need, but want." He spoke softly. I froze, "Damn it!" I yelled in my head. "I'm here to help you get what you want."

Justin then looks at me with a look in his eyes that I've never seen before. A look that was softer than his day to day look.
I started to get nervous, I stood up from the chair and grabbed a bunch of papers that I didn't need in that moment. Justin stood up with me, "Sienna, I was wondering if -" He was cut off by the door bell. "It must be Raye. I'll let her in and then I'll come and get you when she is settled down." I politely pushed passed him out the room.

I ran to the door, looked in the peephole to see who it was, then opened the door for Raye. "Hey!" I exclaimed and gave her a quick side hug. I know it breaks policy, but honestly who is here to me break it.
"You can sit on the couch. I have to go get Justin so I'll be right back." I smiled and headed back upstairs.
I checked my office first and then moved to his room. "Justin?" I knocked on his door. "Coming." His muffled voice sounded through the door. He looked at me with those eyes again, "Ra-Raye is here."
We both walked down the stairs and sat on the couch. Since I was in working mode I could not sit by Raye, I had to be by Justin the whole time unless he says otherwise.

"Justin this is Raye, Raye this is Justin." I introduced them as we sat down. "So Sienna says you are the one behind those clothing sketches." He grinned, Raye lost for words just nodds at his statement. "I'm not really sure if I have the power to make the decision I want to right now, but I'll talk it up with Scooter later." Justin paused to gather more words. "Right now, I don't have a stylist or anything. I'm dressing myself, which I don't mind, but I do mind when I have a fancy event to go to. I can't just show up in some causal clothes to the Met Gala." He chuckled and I did right along with him.

"Basically what I'm trying to say is, will you be my stylist?" He asked, Raye's mouth was open along with mine. I looked over at Raye who looked over at me then looked back over to Justin with disbelief. "Raye...We kind of need an answer." I giggled looking at her. "Right I'm sorry. I'm just shocked that I'm being asked this right now, I thought that I was miles away from this goal." She smiled. "Do you work some where right now?" Justin asked her. "Yeah, I was actually about to turn in my resume to a different job." Justin smiled. "Well if you really want the job that you're applying for now, I can work around that schedule...Of course I still have to talk to my manager about my hiring bit, but until he approves I can't exactly pay you at first until he's on board."

Raye nodded, "I can do both until you get approval." She smiled making me smile too. "Great!" Justin exclaimed. "Sienna, can you pick a day to meet with Scooter?" I nodded opening my planner. "Wednesday or Thursday?" I asked him. "We can do Wednesday and Scooter can pick the time he wants to meet." I nodded and wrote a note down. I closed my planner and turned my attention back to Raye and Justin. "Sienna will be in touch with you about this because I'm sure you guys talk all the time." He smirked. "Thank you so much, Justin." Raye smiled from ear to ear. "No problem." He said then leaned into her ear, "I would thank your friend." He smiled as he pulled away. We all said our farewells to each other and I walked Raye to the door.

I walked her to her car, before she got in she turned around and hugged me tight, "Thank you so much Sienna, I don't know what I would do without you." I hugged her back, "You know I love you like a sister." I said before breaking the hug. Raye smiled and backed away from her car, "Drive safe and text me when you get to where ever you going. And good luck on your interview at your job." I said before she closed her car door.

I turned around and walked back inside the house. I closed the door and turn to see Justin already not wearing his shirt. "This job is going to be the death of me." I told myself. "I'll be in the office making a phone call to Scooter. If you need me you'll know where I'll be." I grinned and walked up the stairs.

I dialed Scooter's number and prepared myself for this conversation, this will be my first time talking to him over the phone. I feel like people act and vibe so differently over the phone rather than in person. "Hello?" He asked. "Hey, Scooter it's Sienna."
"Hey, what's up?" I took a deep breath before I continued. "Justin wants to talk to you about an idea on Wednesday in person. He insisted that you pick the time, since you might be a little bit busy." The line was silent for a while. "Okay, we can have the meeting at 12:30 in my office, I'll send you the address."
"Thank you Scooter. We'll see you then." I spoke. "Yup, see you." He said before he hung up the phone. A sigh of relief escaped my chest and a smile appeared on my face. I re-opened my planner and wrote down the time and place. I made my way out of the room and down the stairs to let Justin know, but as I was about to touch the last step I see Hailey and Justin eating each others faces, so I went back up the stairs and answer back to these emails.

>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hours passed by it was beginning to become dark outside and I finished everything that needed to be done here. I made my way back down the stairs to let Justin know that I was heading out and about the meeting. I slowly approached him, "Justin?" I whispered. "Yeah." He whispered back. "I'm leaving and Scooter said Wednesday at 12:30 in his office." I smiled and started to walk backwards toward the door. Justin waved and mouthed "bye" as I opened the door and closed it. I went home that night feeling accomplished, it was one more step to becoming a better assistant.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>-<<<<<<<<<<<<<
May 23, 2018
Words: 1537

Tomorrow's my birthday!! I'm turning 18! I'm about to be an adult in a couple hours lol