|21| Distraction

Sienna::Clark

Raye and I walk to our dinner destination to meet the boys. This isn't like a normal dinner setting. It is quite warm out with a warm breeze as well, so the attire to wear is mainly shorts and a bathing suit top if wanted. I decided to wear shorts and a floral button up to match the vibe of the island. As we approached the boys they seem to be wearing the same thing as I, the only one not matching was Raye.

"Hey." I say as we reach the table to sit. "Hello ladies." Khalil smiles. He then looks over to Raye, "Well look at you Miss Thang."

"Khalil, stop." She says while showing off her outfit, which is just her swim suit with a white knitted coverup.
"How's was both of yours day?"  Justin asked.  "It was good, snorkeling was definitely something new for me." Raye spoke up.  "I stayed quiet as the conversation went on between them.  I was more focused on the sunset that was being partially blocked by Justin's head.

"Like what you see Ms. Clark?" Justin said with a smirk on his face. "Yeah." I spoke without realizing he meant him. I took a double take on what he said, "No no no, not you. The sunset. I like what I see in the sunset." I felt myself turning red in the cheeks. I excused myself from the table and walked towards the water. Once I reached the water I sat down and stared off into the sun.
"Can I sit?" Justin asked as he proceeded to sit next to me. "Sure, but only if you don't talk for the three minutes." Justin nodded with a grin on his face and didn't talk to me. His little action made me smile a little, knowing that he knew that I just wanted to be left alone. As much as I wanted to tell him to leave and go back to the table, I knew that I would just make a big scene out of the situation.

"Okay." I breathed out. "You can talk." I looked over to him and smiled as my eyes met his. "First off, I just want to say sorry to you. I've been bothering you, even though you're my assistant and I need to bother you." He chuckled. "I just need to accept the fact that you are around me to work and that you don't want to live the life I live."
"Thank you...You also have to not kiss me ever again." I pointed my finger at him, he surrendered. "That I'm not sorry for."

I rolled my eyes, "I was going to lie and say that I didn't like that kiss, but damn it Justin I did." I was stuck, I couldn't move my body. I didn't even want to look at his face after I confessed to that. I closed my eyes, "I mean...I mean that I-"

Lips. His lips and my lips were touching once again. So much for never happening again.

Once he pulled away, I kept my eyes closed.
"Was this time better? Or do you need another test?"
My eyes shot open, "No that was great, no need for another test."
We watched the last of the sun fall under the water. My feelings were now a mess.
Part of me wanted to stop fighting with myself and just let this love for him take its course. Then the other part of me wanted nothing to do with the spotlight. There would be someone out there who will find dirt on me and share it with the entire world.

"When we get back to California. I want to talk about you and me and our feelings...for real this time. I want this to be the last run in with you for the trip." I said with a small grin. "Thank you for the kiss that I said would never happen again...I'll let you get up and go to the table first and I'll sit here for a minute."
Justin nodded and began to stand up, before actually leaving he leaned in to my ear. "I can't promise the run ins only because we're on an island , but I will look the other way when I see you and wait till we get our moment in California."
With that he stood up and walked away.

-••••••••••-
March 14, 2020
Words: 737

Here's a little something for you guys!
Didn't wanna keep y'all waiting longer than you have, gotta catch up on my other books as well.

Thank you guys for being so patient with me I appreciate it so much!!