|20| Distraction

Sienna::Clark

This break was not needed in my mind. This felt like a set up and I don't know how to make it not feel like one.  We arrived to our rooms and got situated.  The guys were roomed on the other side of island.  I made sure I had no run ins with Justin. Raye is definitely team Justin, but she doesn't understand why I don't want to try things out with him.
He would know about my family business that I wish wasn't so messed up. I like to keep my problems to myself.
If Justin and I become a thing that means that there may be a chance my problems are revealed to the world and I don't want that for my family.

"What are we doing first?" Raye asked, I shrugged. "I wanted to take a nap. I haven't had a break for weeks."
"Reasonable."
I flopped on the bed and closes my eyes. "What did you want to do?" I asked Raye. "Honestly just scope out the island and see if I can find me a island honey."
I chuckled, "Of course. Well I'll be ready to go after my thirty minute nap." I smiled.

____________

We were halfway around the island and Raye has managed to find a man and have a full on conversation with him. I sat down watching all the couples dance, walk along the shore, and have a meal together. This was definitely a place for love and I was in the wrong place. I should be at home running around getting things organized. Instead I'm here watching my friend flirt away with this random man.

Just as I was about to excuse myself, Justin and Khalil appeared in front of me. I was relieved that I wasn't alone while flirting happened.
"You just couldn't stay away from me?" I say as they approach me. Justin smiles, my body melts as he does. "I see she is settling fine." Khalil points towards Raye. "Yeah, she felt that she needed someone." I let out an awkward chuckle. "And do you need someone?" Khalil asked. I hesitated as I look between him and Justin. "Uh...Not right now. I think I'm okay." I said, earning a nod from Justin.

Raye approached us to tell me that she was going to spend some time with her new friend, Daniel and that she'd catch up with me later.
I turned back to the boys, "That's my queue to head back to my room." I grinned. "I'll see you guys later." I began to walk away. "Sienna. Just hang out with us." Khalil suggested, I shook my head and glanced at Justin. "Thanks, but I am tired. Maybe tomorrow. Goodnight."

_____________

Once I got back to our room I went to the balcony and sat down to watch the sunset. It was beautiful. There's something about watching the sun set by yourself that makes you feel like it's just you in the world. That's until someone shows up unannounced.
"I know you said not to come over here, but I wanted to see if you were okay."
"Justin I'm fine. Just enjoying the view." I say still looking towards the water.
"It's beautiful."
"And relaxing."
"Looking at it reminds me of you."
I turned around to look at Justin. "You need to leave." I stood up, pushing past him. "I knew this was going to happen."

My arms crossed, staring at him. "I told you I didn't want to come."
Justin walked closer to me, my body tensed up with each step he took. "Sienna, even if you didn't show up. I'd still find a way to admire you."
I closed my eyes, "Justin please go back to your room."
"But Sien-"
"Justin go. Please."
"Okay, but I meant what I said about you being beautiful."
"Thank you." I say softly as he walks out of my room.

____________

It's the next day.
I wake in a empty room. Raye never came back from her date last night.
The sun already blazing through the room. I hopped in the shower and then put on my bikini and headed out. Raye and I had plans this morning to go snorkeling with the fish. The boys had plans to go out on a boat and go around the island, all day long. So far the morning is perfect.
"Sienna, last night was amazing!" Raye bursted through the door. "Daniel is ten out of ten."
"I'm glad you had some fun."
"He was so good Sienna, I want him again." Raye chuckled, making her way to her room. "Please keep your sex life to yourself, but I am also glad you had a good time."

While Raye got ready, I headed to the balcony again, but this time to see everyone walk along the shore, getting ready to board their boats, or people simply sharing their breakfast with the morning sun.  I then imagined myself in these scenarios, but it was just with myself and no one else.
"Ready?" Raye asked taking me out of my mind.  We headed out the door and to our date with the fishes.  The walk to the shore was so relaxing, to be fair the whole island was relaxing, palm tress lined the wooden plank path.  Some benches placed every five trees or so, a little bar hut every 500ft. A drink would be great right now, but the island workers insist that we don't drink before getting into the water.

As we were about to get our gear, we run into Justin and Khalil, who were about to get on their boat. I look the other way as if I didn't see them in the first place. Then of course Raye opened her mouth. "Justin...Khalil!" Both the boys turn around and begin to walk towards us.  "Raye, I want to avoid running into them. Why did you give attention?!" I whispered in her ear. "I'm trying to get you laid hunny."
I rolled my eyes, "Not him though." I looked towards Justin walking my way. "You want him. Just let the love flow please."

I didn't answer her. I just walked away and headed to get my gear on.

___________

We get back to the shore around noon, we grabbed some lunch and headed back to our room to change.

"The boys want to meet up for dinner and I told them that we would go." Raye announced. "Look I understand that you do t want to be near Justin, but that is not going to happen Sienna...Ever." Raye paused. "So suck it up. Whatever happens with Justin, happens."

"It's going to ruin my family dynamic." I say back. "Ruin it?! It was ruined when your mom decided to steal and dip on you guys. Sorry I'm saying this, but your family dynamic has already been ruined. Dating Justin isn't going to ruin it more than what it already is." Silence filled the warm room, I stared into space while Raye watched me. "We're leaving at 5, wether you like it or not."

-••••••••-
December 12, 2019
Words: 1180
I've been writing this book for a hot minute.

Tell me what you thought and don't forget to vote!!