Chapter 1: The Flaversham Sisters Meet Dawson

"It was the eve of our good queen's diamond jubilee and the year her Majesty's government came...to the very brink of disaster. She...I'm...I'm getting ahead of myself. My name is Jamie Elizabeth Flaversham. I had just arrived in London after schooling for four years at Cambridge, eager to learn to become a detective. I was anxious to find my house where I could rest and find a bit of peace. Plus, it was my little sister's birthday. Her name is Olivia and I was sure she would be excited. I did not tell her or Father I was coming so it would be a surprise. Little did I know that my life was about to change forever."

It was starting to rain as Jamie got off the coach and started to walk home with a birthday present for Olivia. Then she heard crying in a rain boot. So when she looked inside, she couldn't help but gasp when she saw her little sister crying.

"Olivia?" Jamie asked.

Olivia turned around and when she saw her, she got up and ran to her.

"Jamie!" she yelled then jumped in her arms.

She cried into her shoulder as Jamie held her. They looked at each other when they parted, Jamie with confusion and Olivia with sadness.

"Olivia, what are you doing out here all by yourself?" Jamie asked her.

"Oh Jamie, Father was taken by a bat with a peg leg. And I can't find Basil of Baker Street anywhere," Olivia cried after handing her a newspaper article about the great mouse detective.

Jamie was shocked to hear this; their father was kidnapped and Olivia was by herself.

"Well, I haven't a clue where Baker Street is, but let us walk around and see if anyone does," Jamie suggested.

Olivia sniffled and wiped her eyes as she responded, "Okay."

Jamie opened her umbrella and she carried Olivia as they walked around. Olivia continued to cry as Jamie spotted a mouse that just came off a coach. He seemed to be a doctor of some kind. She quickened her pace.

"Excuse me, sir!" Jamie called out.

He turned around to see them and noticed Olivia crying.

"What's troubling you, my dears?" he asked.

"We're lost, sir. We are trying to find Basil of Baker Street," Jamie replied, handing him the article.

"Let me see here. 'Famous detective solves baffling disappearance.' Mm-hmm!" he responded then wondered, "But where is your husband?"

Jamie was taken back for a minute until she answered, "Oh. No, sir. I'm not married. It's our father who's missing. I found my little sister by herself and she told me what happened."

Olivia cried more as Jamie continued to comfort her.

"There, there, there. Now, now, now," Jamie said.

"Well, I don't know any Basil..." the doctor answered, making Jamie sigh sadly, then he added, "But I do remember where Baker Street is."

Their faces lit up at the sound of that.

"Come with me. We'll find this Basil chap together," he ushered.

"Thank you so much, Dr..." Jamie replied, not knowing his name.

"Dawson. Dr. David Q. Dawson," he introduced himself.

"Jamie and Olivia Flaversham," Jamie responded, shook his hand, then thanked, "Thank you, Dr. Dawson."

"My pleasure, Miss Flaversham," he said then wondered, "How did you know I was a doctor?"

"The Lembert stitch on your cuff," she answered.

"Impressive," Dr. Dawson complemented.

"Thank you," Jamie smiled.

They continued to walk to Baker Street through the rainy night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Olivia and Jamie got help from a nice mouse named Dawson. They're getting more from the greatest detective in all mousedom! Nice!