Chapter 20: Another Case

Basil and Jamie entered their home while Dawson looked and smiled at the happy couple.

"Miss Flaversham, I see you have accepted Basil's proposal," Dawson said.

"I have," Jamie replied, admiring her engagement ring.

"Well, it's time I was on my way," Dawson told them.

"But, uh...But I thought..." Basil responded, confused.

"Well, the case is over and, mm, perhaps it's...Well, perhaps it's best I found my own living quarters," Dawson explained.

"But..." Basil said, there was a knock on the door, and he wondered, "Ohh...Now who can that be?"

While Dawson walked to the door, Jamie pulled Basil to the side.

"You want him to stay, don't you?" Jamie asked.

"Yes," Basil answered.

"Well, tell him," Jamie responded.

He nodded as Dawson answered the door to see a female mouse in a nice outfit and she was in great distress.

"I...Is this the home of the famous Basil of Baker Street?" she asked.

"Indeed it is, miss. You look as if you're in some trouble," Dawson remarked, concerned.

"Oh, ooh, ooh, I am. I am," she replied, wiping away her tears.

"Then you've come to precisely the right place," Dawson assured.

Basil decided to take this as an opportunity to ask Dawson to stay.

"Ah, allow me to introduce my trusted associate, Dr. Dawson, and my fiancé, Jamie, with whom I do all my cases. Isn't that right, you two?" Basil acknowledged.

"What? What? Oh, yes. Yes, by all means," Dawson answered, shaking Basil's hand.

"Yes, that is correct, my love," Jamie smiled, hugging his arm, in which he returned with a kiss on her temple.

"Mm, as you can see, Dawson and Jamie, this young lady has just arrived from the Hampstead district and is troubled about the mysterious disappearance of an emerald ring missing from the third finger of her right hand. Now, tell me the story, and, pray, be precise," Basil explained.

And the three detectives started working on the new case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So, Basil, Jamie, and Dawson are an official detective team. Awesome!