Chapter 9: Father and Youngest Daughter Reunion

Ratigan opened the door to see Hiram working on the robot and it was more assembled.

"Ah, Mr. Flaversham," Ratigan greeted, held out his cape and said, "Allow me to present your charming daughter."

He removed his cape to reveal Fidget holding Olivia hostage.

"Olivia!" Hiram exclaimed.

"Father!" Olivia replied and stepped on Fidget's foot, making him let go.

"Owww! My foot! My only foot!" he groaned as he bounced on his peg leg and held his foot.

"Oh, Father! I thought I'd never find you," Olivia said as she cried and hugged her father.

"Oh, there, there, my Bairn. I'm all right. I was so worried about my little girl," Hiram comforted then whispered in her ear, "Don't let them know about Jamie."

"I won't. She's helping with the case," Olivia whispered back.

"Oh, how sweet. Oh, I just love tearful reunions. Now, come along, my dear," Ratigan replied, pulling Olivia away from Hiram.

"Oh, please! Please!" she begged.

"Olivia!" Hiram shouted.

"Father!" Olivia yelled as Fidget grabbed her again.

"Oh, please, Professor!" Hiram pleaded.

"Now, now. Fidget will take good care of her. That is, as long as we have no further delays," Ratigan assured.

"Yes, yes, I'll finish it. Just don't hurt my daughter," Hiram responded.

"Remember, it must be ready tonight!" Ratigan reminded then slammed the door shut.

Fidget brought Olivia over to a green glass bottle and started putting her inside.

"Stop! Let me go! You ugly old thing!" she demanded.

"That ought to hold ya," Fidget said after shoving Olivia inside.

"Help! Let me out! Let me out!" Olivia called, her voice barely heard.

"See how you like that," Fidget retorted, blew a raspberry, and marched over to Ratigan who was going through the bag he brought back.

"Ah, the uniforms. Fidget, I knew I could rely on you. Now, you didn't forget anything?" Ratigan asked.

"No problem. I took care of everything. Everything on the list. Uh-oh," Fidget said, noticing the list was missing.

Ratigan's smile went away as he asked, "What's wrong?"

"The list... I know--" Fidget replied.

"Where's the list?" Ratigan demanded.

"The list, yeah, yeah, yeah. You see, it was like this. I was in the toy store getting uniforms, when I heard 'A-roo. A-roo,'" Fidget explained.

"You're not coming through," Ratigan told him impatiently.

"A dog came. I ran. I had baby bonnet, girl in bag, and Basil chased me," Fidget finished.

"What? Basil on the case! Why, you
gibbering little--" Ratigan yelled.

He grunted in frustration until he took a deep breath and smiled.

"Oh, my dear Fidget, you have been hanging upside down too long," he said, carrying Fidget.

"You mean you're not mad? I'm glad you're taking it so well," Fidget replied, relieved.

Ratigan took him in the back and rang his little bell. Fidget screamed as Felicia dangled him over her mouth.

"Not me, you idiot. No, stop, you stupid fur ball!" Fidget panicked, missing her jaws until she shoved him in her mouth and he yelled, "Open up! Open up! Ay, ay, ay! You're hurtin' my wings!"

Ratigan rubbed his temples in frustration, knowing if Basil was on the case, it could ruin his plan.

"How dare that idiot Basil poke his stupid nose into my wonderful scheme and foul up everything!" he stated angrily.

"Let me out! Let me out! Help!" Fidget begged, almost escaping until Felicia poked him back in.

"I can just see that insufferable grin on his smug face," Ratigan sneered, banging his head against a glass bottle.

He covered his face in anger until it turned to a villainous smile along with an idea.

"Yes, yes, I can just see it. Hee-hee-hee. Felicia, release him," he commanded.

"I'm too young to die!" Fidget cried.

Felicia pouted as she obeyed. Once out, Ratigan picked him up by his face.

"Fidget, you delightful little maniac.
You've presented me with a singular opportunity," he said, dropped him, then added, "Poor Basil! Oh, he is in for a little surprise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Ratigan has a villainous plot in mind and the others don't even know it.