Chapter 18: Danger at Big Ben Part 2

Basil tried to hold on, but Ratigan was making it difficult to do anything. They started free falling until Ratigan slammed Basil into the hour hand of the clock. He looked down and quickly got back up at the sight of how high he was.

"Basil! Over here!" Dawson called.

Basil looked at them and smiled. He took only one step when Ratigan growled and grabbed him from behind. He struggled to get away, but wherever he ran, Ratigan appeared in front of him.

"There's no escape this time, Basil!" Ratigan growled dangerously.

He appeared in front of him again and let his claws appear. The first swing got his coat, but the second and more hit flesh and drew blood.

"Basil!" Jamie shouted, thought of an idea, then said, "Father, you, Olivia, and Dawson need to help Basil while I distract Ratigan."

"But I can't lose you again," Hiram responded.

"You haven't and you never will. But I can't lose Basil. If you don't know this yet, I'm in love with him. So please help me rescue him," Jamie requested.

Hiram finally agreed and they got close enough to see Basil hanging off the edge of the hour hand. Before Ratigan could deliver the final blow, Jamie jumped off and kicked him in the face.

"I warned you to get away from him. No more chances," Jamie threatened.

She fought him off as the others got under Basil and helped him on their blimp and checked his injuries. Jamie and Ratigan continued fighting until he caught her fist and lifted her. He walked to the edge and threw her off. The others tried to catch her, but they missed. Ratigan smiled, thinking that both Basil and Jamie had met their end.

"I won!" Ratigan cheered and laughed into the night.

"On the contrary," Jamie said, holding onto the ruins of Ratigan's blimp, and smirked, "The game's not over yet."

She rang his bell and Ratigan looked in his pocket to see it was gone. The clock then struck ten o'clock and the vibrations made Ratigan fall. He grabbed Jamie in the process, but the extra weight made the blimp break, Jamie holding onto the pedals. Both her and Ratigan fell below the clouds out of sight. Olivia cried as her father held her, tears falling as well. Dawson lowered his hat in respect and sorrow. Basil fell to his knees, starting to cry that the woman he loves fell to her death.

"Oh, Jamie. It should've been me," Basil cried as his silent sobs continued.

But then they all heard a squeaking noise and looked to see what it was. Jamie was pedaling her way back up into the air for her life. The others cheered and she smiled as she saw them.

"Hooray! Good madame!" Dawson responded.

"Hooray! It's Jamie!" Olivia cheered.

"Jolly good! Ha!" Dawson added.

She made it on board and hugged her family.

"I told you I wouldn't leave you," Jamie smiled.

As she did so, she saw Basil, who looked out over all of London. She looked at them then Dawson and approached him.

"Basil?" she asked, placing a hand on his shoulder, making him look at her.

"I thought I lost you forever," he confessed.

"The mouse who helped us all make the greatest escape unknown to men or mice thought that Ratigan could kill me so easily?" Jamie smirked.

Basil chuckled then answered, "Well, not entirely. But don't scare us like that. Understand, my love?"

"Yes, dear," Jamie replied.

He gently placed his hands on her waist and she placed her arms loosely around his neck. They slowly leaned in and their lips finally touched. It was a long and sweet kiss and the others just watched and smiled. When they parted, they let their foreheads rest on the other.

"I love you," Basil confessed.

"I love you too," Jamie responded.

They kissed again then hugged. He lifted her and twirled her around. Then they all joined in a group hug, knowing the case was over and Ratigan won't bother them anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Yay! Jamie and Basil are together and Ratigan has been defeated! Happy dance!