Seven Ways To Sunday (19,,20,21)

Chapter 19

I sat at my kitchen table looking at the check. I couldn't believe it. I had the money I needed to save my house. I looked up as Bryce came into the kitchen. He didn't look too happy.

"What's wrong Bryce?"

"I guess I could ask where you were last night, but I have a feeling I already know," he said filling a cup up with water. "What's going on with you?"

"Bryce he gave the money to save the house," Bryce looked at me disapprovingly.

"And what did you give him?"

"I just have to spend...the next two weeks with him," I said.

"So now you are a whore?" those words stung coming from him.

"Bryce I can't lose my house. Where would you go? Where would any of us go?"

"Don't pull that you know you and the girls could get an apartment anywhere in this city. Evie you are so much better than this. He treats you badly and isn't it bad enough that he assumed you would sleep with him for money. He took advantage of you the first night you met. You were drunk and he slept with you anyway."

"Bryce, just don't think about it okay. It will be over before you know it."

"I don't want you to do this,"

"Bryce you're my friend and I get that this is wrong but I see a way to fix our problem. I can't just let that slip through my fingers," he sat his glass down and walked to stand over me.

"Evie..." he kneeled down in front of my chair and I closed my eyes. I didn't want to see the disappointment in his. "If you do this I'm leaving."

"Bryce..." my eyes shot open and met his emerald green orbs.

"No, I don't want to see you sell your body for this place."

"Please Bryce it's just two weeks," he gave a small chuckle.

"You really think that after two weeks with you he'll end it?" now what was he talking about? "God you are so dense sometimes. Ben is in love with you. Just like I am," before I could react to his words he was kissing me.

Chapter 20

His hand went to the back of my neck pulling me closer to deepen the kiss and I responded by allowing him to explore my mouth. Then he pulled back. He let me completely go and took a step back. I missed his warmth.

"Evie, I've loved you forever. These past few days I've been trying to get you to see it. I wanted to have this settled before I leave to go on tour," I tried to think. Was I really willing to lose my best friend and as I'm now seeing maybe the love of my life for this house? "Evie you haven't even tried to get the loans like you said you would."

"But Bryce I still have to do that, all this is, is a down payment. It will make the loan that much easier for them to give. This house is worth about 200,000.00. I can pay off the rest slowly..."

"So then you're going to do this anyway?"

"Bryce..."

"No it's good to know that this house means more to you than I do."

"Please Bryce, you know..."

"Listen I just said that if you go through with this I was leaving and you're trying to explain it to me instead of just giving him back his money," I wanted to explain that this house was probably the only thing that I could claim as mine. It was my one accomplishment that no one could take from me. Instead I sat there silently looking into his eyes. "Goodbye," then he got up and left me there. I didn't move as I heard him packing his things. Tamsen and Arlie both kept asking him why he was leaving. "Ask Eve."