Seven Ways To Sunday (41,42,43,44)

Chapter 41

"Hello?" I took a deep breath. My body shook with the tears I'd been crying for the past half-hour in my car in the parking lot of a shopping center. I didn't know who else to call. I mean, I was always bringing someone down. I almost ruined Tamsen and Ram's relationship. I almost single handedly broke up one of the tightest group of friends that I've ever seen.

I used to be part of that group, but now I see all I do is make them worry and turn against each other. I don't want to be a burden to them. It's not fair to them.

"Hello?" He said again. I could hear the irritation in his voice. "Hell..."

"Thank you," I blurted out. My voice sounded horse even to myself.

"Eve?"

"Yeah, it's me. Thank you for the locks."

"Evie are you okay? Where are you?" He had that authoritative tone to his voice. I smiled. I was beginning to like it when he sounded like that. It was almost like a father scolding a child. I was starting to understand that this was the way that he showed he cared. That gentleness was for extreme circumstances only. "Eve answer me."

"They sold the house Ben. Mr. Howard fired me. My sister is moving in with her boyfriend and my best friend is now the person I hate more than anything on this planet. I need you to tell me there's something for me to hold on to. I need there to be something worth living for cause I'm about two blocks away from..." I stopped. He didn't know about my past with drugs, nor had I told him. I was two blocks away from Rylan's house again.

"From where?" he asked. "You... Just tell me where you are." his voice had changed to a desperate plea.

"I'm in the car in the parking lot of the shopping center at the corner of Lexington and Bond Avenue." I answered.

"I'm on my way."

Chapter 42

"You okay Evie?" I looked at the car window into the eyes of Rylan.

"I'm fine Rylan."

"You don't look fine. Come on, I'm having a little party at my place. You know Tyson is there." I froze.

"Tyson really?" Tyson was my ex; even though I was high as a kite most of the time we were together he was my first love. I know it would take me to fall for a cocaine addict.

[i]"Tyson, baby I'm home," I was happy things were starting to fall into place. I owed most of it to Tamsen and Bryce. Who knew that my 17-year-old sister could be so smart? They had done everything in their power to get Ram, Tyson and I clean. Tyson was having a hard time. He had been doing drugs a lot longer than me, but he loved me and said he would do this for me. He would get clean and stay clean.

Every since we first met my sophomore year in high school the two of us were inseparable and he fit in pretty well with my friends, we both made the mistake of stumbling into the wrong things. Granted he made the mistake first, I didn't have to follow him. We were recovering addicts at the ages of, 23, 22, and 21. Things were better now than they had been in a long time.

"Tyson, baby where are you?" I walked into the living room to see him cutting lines of coke on the living room table.

"Baby..." he said looking up at me with blood shot eyes.

"Tyson what the hell."

"I swear this is the last time, come on we can start all over tomorrow. I just needed it this last time."

"Baby we said we were going to get clean together."

"I know..."

"I...Tyson I can't do this..."