Seven Ways To Sunday (64,65,66,67,68)

Chapter 64

I walked out of Dr. Starr's office again. This was it the day that we found out if I would be going on tour with Ben or not. I had been spilling my guts to him and all he ever did was write on that stupid note pad. Every once in a while he would nod or ask a question. When he thought it was getting to be too much for me though he was nice and would let me stop. He made me talk about my mother and everything. Now was the moment of truth. I watched as Ben walked back with him and said a prayer that he would allow me to go on tour.

"So Eve, I guess I'll have to buy you some luggage." Ben said. I jumped up into his arms.

"But she still will have her sessions over the phone." Dr. Starr said. "Once a week," he didn't look happy about the decision, but I didn't really care.

"Yes sir." I said walking out of the office. I know I said I didn't think he would help, but he did. I mean I wasn't cured and I wasn't hunky-dory happy but I wasn't depressed. I think it had something to do with the prescription that he gave me for anti-depressants. I was hesitant to take them, but Ben always the logical one said that if the doctor thought I needed them that I should take them so I did. So far they are helping a lot. He also prescribed a low dose sleeping pill that Ben keeps a very close eye on. Since they are both still afraid of what I might do. He actually keeps count of the pills.

"Eve here, this is my cell number. If it gets to be too much call me. I know you've got some challenges ahead of you." I didn't know what the hell he was talking about. I mean we were going to be stuck on a bus with Ben's friends who let's face it were a lot nicer to me than he was when we first met so I should be fine. Right?

***************************************************************

We finished packing and then crawled into bed. I've been bugging Ben every so often to get information about the bands that are going on tour with us. He won't tell me anything accept that I'll like the music and that the members are all nice.

"So we are meeting the other guys at the airport in the morning."

"Is Arlie coming?" I asked. I hadn't thought about my old friend in a long time, but I knew that she and Harvey were getting pretty serious.

"Yeah she moved in with Harvey back in Chicago a month ago. They didn't see why they should hold on to two apartments." I smiled thinking about how I had orchestrated their first kiss. "Here take you meds." He said handing me two small pills and a glass of water.

"How come you don't take sleeping pills?" I asked.

"Because I sleep more than you do, just not always at night."

"Hey I do to sleep," I said teasing him.

"No you don't...Look this tour isn't going to be easy." He said. This was the second time someone was telling me that this tour was going to be hard.

"Is there something about this tour that you aren't telling me?" I asked. He looked away from me. "Ben?"

"Hey do you remember how we dance our first night together?"

"Yeah I was piss drunk and surprised that when you were spinning me I didn't fall." I smiled. "Hey you weren't drunk that night were you?" I asked already knowing the truth. I mean he did have maybe one or two drinks, but he never over did it.

"Yeah, I just knew that you wouldn't dance with me if you were sober." He laughed. "What does that say about us?" I have no clue where this was coming from.

"It means that I hate you and you hate me."

"I hate you so much," I smiled as my eyes started to get heavy.