Seven Ways To Sunday (85, 86, 87, 88, 89)

Chapter 85

"Eve I know things have been hard on you and you very well may love Ben, but don't let this tear you down," Ram said. After I finished crying we had settled into a comfortable silence on the couch.

"Ram I owe him so much..."

"Eve you can't stay with someone out of obligation and these tantrums have got to stop," he said in a stern voice.

"Tantrums?" I questioned.

"What do you think we should call them? I mean every time something doesn't go your way you run off to try and talk yourself back into using and don't think I'm not telling the others about this..."

"Ram please don't, if you do they will never leave me alone."

"Well isn't that exactly what you said you were afraid of? Being alone?"

"Yeah, but I don't want them to worry. Why did I have to be stupid and open my mouth? Ben wouldn't have broken up with me. The fight would never have happened, and I would be curled up and Dane's arms."

"Do you realize you just said you would be curled up in Dane's arms?"

"No I didn't," I said trying to remember my exact words.

"Yes you did," he said.

"No I didn't,"

"Yes you did times infinity." He said like we were little kids. I smacked his shoulder.

"It's just because I'm tired." I said looking up at him.

"So let's go to bed," he said standing up and lifting me in his arms. He carried me back to the bunks. He laid me down in his bunk and then crawled in with me. He wrapped his arms around me and I did the same to him. "Eve you still awake," he asked after we lay there for a few moments.

"Yeah,"

"Oh...just checking," I looked up at him, it was pretty dark but I could just make out his face. His long black hair kept falling into his eyes. I swiped it behind his ear and he leaned in and brushed his lips across mine. I pushed my lips harder into his. We both pulled away. "This is a bad idea."

"Yeah...Bad idea," I agreed.

"What would everyone else say? I mean I was with Tamsen...and...You aren't in your right mind right now. Let's just go to sleep," I just nodded and licked my lips hoping for another taste of him.

"Eve!" I heard a deep voice yell, I quickly realized that I must have fallen asleep. I almost shot up in bed, but remembered that I was in a bunk. "Oh crap. Evie!" I knew who it was Dane and I wasn't sure I was ready to talk to him. I mean he was the reason Ben was mad at me. The reason Ben had broken up with me.

"Are you going to answer that?" Ram asked with a yawn. His arms were still wrapped around me from when we fell asleep last night. I shook my head no. "Come on, we didn't sleep till late and I'm still tire..." I put my hand over his mouth.

"Fine, stay here until he leaves,"

"Why?" that was a good question. Everyone knew I'd slept with him platonically on many occasions, but this time it just felt different. He just stared at me. I couldn't come up with an answer so I got out of the bunk.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked getting ready to take all my anger out on him. He rushed up to me and grabbed my face. I tried to take a step back but he held on to me. "What are you doing?"

"Oh thank god. I saw the coke in there on the table and the floor and I thought..." he let go of my face and I scolded myself for not cleaning that up. "We've been looking for you all morning. Ben said he kicked you out last night. We all thought..."