four

THE PRESIDENT

"Push! Push! Come on you gotta push!" Kelso yelled

"How much longer?" Hyde asked.

"10 seconds, you gotta push harder or it's not gonna work!"

"This is so stupid!" Hyde complained.

"It's not stupid! You're gonna love it!" Kelso insisted. "Ok that's time!" Kelso said excitedly.

Fez and Hyde stepped away from the wall with their arms floating. They smiled in amazement at the sensation.

Lucy turned around on the couch to look at them, resting her hand on her cheek, "You guys look like idiots," she said bluntly.

Hyde stuck his tongue out at her and Lucy just mimicked his childish behavior.

Eric came down the stairs holding cans of pop. As per usual, Jackie complained. "I told you my top three choices—"

"Well my top three choices are you being polite, shutting up, or leaving!" Lucy snapped angrily.

She usually didn't yell at the girl, and the shock on Jackie's face proved it. Lucy was usually the one to keep peace between the others and Jackie, because sometimes Donna wanted to strangle her. The way Jackie complained this time just hit Lucy the wrong way. She knew about their money problems, she knew they had the cheap soda, and she knew that everyone else knew. Lucy felt terrible for her father and the entire situation in general was embarrassing.

Jackie just sat down quietly next to Kelso. The others looked at Lucy quizzically. But no one brought it up or the sodas again.

Hyde came around to the couch and sat down next Lucy, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her closer as the others continued talking about school. Lucy didn't even think twice when she leaned closer to Hyde and rested her head on his shoulder, laughing gently at the comments Donna made about the English teacher.

"Kids, kids, kids, kids!" Kitty came dashing down the stairs. "The President's coming!"

"What President?" Eric asked confused.

"The President of these United States, Gerald R. Ford, the 36th—8th—40th. I don't know, he's our president!" Kitty exclaimed.

"The President? Coming to Wisconsin? Point Place of all places?" Lucy asked doubtfully.

"We're one of his whistle stops along his Wisconsin campaign trail. My dad organized it!" Jackie explained.