forty

THE LOVESTRUCK TEENS

Lucy slammed her locker shut and leaned against it with a heavy sigh

Lucy slammed her locker shut and leaned against it with a heavy sigh. Jackie stood next to her, checking her makeup in the tiny mirror in her locker, "So, I really miss Michael and I don't know what to do without seeming like one of those really needy girls."

"You are really needy Jackie," Lucy pointed out.

Jackie nodded, closing her locker, "Okay, true, but I'm not desperate."

"Just get back with him and call it a day," Lucy shrugged, not understanding the huge deal since they seemed to break up at least once a month.

Jackie nodded, "Oh! I know! I'll give him an ultimatum!"

"There's that divorce attorney!" Lucy cheered, high fiving the brunette.

Jackie raised her eyebrows, and whispered "Okay I'm going to go now. Have fun during study hall," she said teasingly.

Lucy rolled her eyes at her friend before turning to face Hyde, who had just shut his locker. "So, what do you want to do for study hall today?" she asked with an innocent smile.

Hyde smiled slightly, "Well, I had a couple ideas." He leaned forward to kiss her on the lips, pulling her closer by the beltloops of her jeans.

"That's a really good idea!" Lucy pulled away, with a teasing smile.

Then the two spent the study hall in their normal spot underneath the football bleachers. It was relatively undisturbed except for some burnouts who shared their stash with Hyde and Lucy on more than one occasion.

Lucy stood against a beam of the bleachers, Hyde standing against one opposite to her. She took a drag from the blunt that her and Hyde were supposed to be sharing.

"You done?" Hyde asked, both amused and slightly annoyed with his girlfriend.

Lucy hummed innocently as if in thought, "Nope!" she finally said, taking another drag.

"You're not being very nice today, doll," Hyde said.

Lucy shrugged casually, "I'm just not a morning person."

"Clearly," he raised an eyebrow, trying to hide his amusement with how coy she was playing. He walked over to her and pushed her stray hairs behind her ear before leaning down to place kisses along her neck, sucking gently and eliciting a sigh from Lucy once he reached her sweet spot. One hand trailed down her back to rest on her the small of her back and pulled her closer, causing a surprised gasp and giggle to leave Lucy's lips; his other hand trailed from her neck down her arm, leaving goosebumps in its wake. His lips met her own for one deep kiss before he pulled back, blunt in hand.