forty five

THE ENGAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT

It was mid-September, about a month after Eric and Donna's secret engagement

It was mid-September, about a month after Eric and Donna's secret engagement. Everyone stood outside in the Forman's driveway, anxious as to what was going on indoors between a very furious Red, a scared Bob and a peacekeeper Kitty.

"Forman, why'd you have to tell Red you got engaged?" Hyde sighed, throwing up his hand and gesturing to the yelling man inside, "Look at him—yelling and waving—Oh! A little spit just landed on Bob." The boy chuckled to himself, "Bob's so scared, he's not even wiping it off."

Lucy, who was pacing beside him quickly slapped in against the chest, giving him a this is serious look before whisper-yelling "You give me anxiety!"

"Oh, my God," Eric started, finally moving from his frozen spot and to Donna on the hood of the Cruiser, "Oh, my God. This time Red is really gonna kill me. My only hope is that he actually sticks his foot so far up my ass he can't pull it out, and I get to take him straight to hell with me."

"Why did you tell him?" Donna sighed in exasperation, getting up from her spot, "We had it all planned: we were gonna give them wine, get 'em all loose and juiced—But you spilled the beans!"

Fez chimed in, "Good, because wine and beans is not a good combo. Hey, toot-toot! if you know what I mean."

Lucy face palmed before whispering—mostly to herself, "Wine! It would've been brilliant!" Hyde pulled her into his side as she continued her rambling, "Mom's then delusionally happy and Dad is too tired to argue!"

"We know doll, sadly your brother here didn't get the same common knowledge as you did," Hyde reassured her, rubbing her shoulders.

"Sorry I'm late!" Kelso exclaimed. "I was cutting through backyards on the way over here and the Hendersons got a new jungle gym!" Then the goofy brunette finally saw through the kitchen door and gasped, "Whoa. They're still yelling?"

Eric nodded, "Yeah, I'm trying to read Red's lips—but I can't make it out. He keeps calling me a stupid duck—" The scrawny boy stood there for a moment, slowly processing it as Lucy rolled her eyes and rested her head on Hyde's chest, who couldn't hide his smirk. Finally, in realization, Eric snapped his fingers with an "Ahhh!"

"Hey, I'll go spy on them. I just gotta run home real quick and change into my ninja outfit," Kelso offered helpfully.

Eric furrowed his brows, "I don't think this situation calls for camouflage, Kelso."

Kelso scoffed, "Well, that doesn't mean it's not fun to wear, Eric!"

After some arguing and compromising, the girls were able to convince Kelso that all the best spies do their work without camouflage—like James Bond and and Scooby Doo—Kelso went in without his ninja costume. Meanwhile, the rest of the gang stayed back and waited for his report.