forty one

THE SUMMER DAZE

Lucy sat on a lawn chair in the driveway, sitting besides Jackie

Lucy sat on a lawn chair in the driveway, sitting besides Jackie. Both in small bikinis with sunglasses, Jackie in an oversized sunhat and Lucy with an old baseball cap. The mid-June sun being just what the two girls needed to look sunkissed but the heat not being nearly as miserable as July weather.

"You send that letter to Kelso yet?" Lucy asked.

"Yep, and now I can move on and find some boy-toy for me to enjoy this summer," Jackie smiled, "My body looks too good to be this alone."

"Cheer practice really has been working out for you!" Lucy nodded impressed, lifting her glasses to look at the other girl's stomach.

"You planning on telling your parents soon? I mean they should probably know they have a Wuthering Heights situation on their hands," Jackie joked, raising her eyebrows curiously at her friend.

"Again, minus the death." Lucy sighed, laying back down in her seat, "I don't know! It's not even that I'm scared of their reaction I just literally don't know how to bring it up."

"Well," Jackie paused, pursing her lips as she thought of advice, "Letters always work," she joked with a smirk.

"Jackie!" Lucy laughed, smacking her friend on the shoulder.

Lucy sat in the basement at night in a band tee and shorts, intently watching a Hallmark movie when Hyde walked in.

"Hey LSD," he greeted tiredly, walking over to kiss her on the head, before jumping over the back of the couch to sit beside her.

Lucy turned to look at him and pouted, "I missed you today! My mom needs to stop making you run errands so you can actually come home after Foto Hut."

"Sorry doll," Hyde smiled at the childishness of his girlfriend before leaning in to kiss her lips.

Lucy giggled as she pulled away, hand on his cheek, "You haven't shaved?"

Hyde rolled his eyes, "I'll shave it later, come on," he smiled, leaning in to kiss her again.

Lucy smiled against his lips as her back rested against the arm rest of the couch, Hyde quickly moving on top of her. "Have you thought about growing a beard?" she asked as his lips moved down to the junction between her neck and shoulder.

Hyde looked up at her, an amused look making it's way onto his face, "Would you like me to?"

"Maybe," Lucy smirked playfully before connecting their lips again.