thirty four

THE AFTERMATH

Hyde and Lucy walked back to her house from The Hub, sharing a soda

"So is Eric still a mess?" Hyde asked.

Lucy shrugged, "I'm not sure, didn't see him this morning, he seemed a little better yesterday." Eric had spent an entire weekend in bed, not even going to Funland after his breakup with Donna.

Hyde took the soda from Lucy to take a drink, "So I'm guessing we're not telling anyone yet."

Lucy sighed, "Yeah, it's probably best. It would feel wrong, Eric claims he sees Donna's name in alphabet cereal. And there's not just Eric, Donna is my best friend." She broke out in a mischievous smile, "Plus side, we an have a scandalous secret for a while longer."

"Ooh LSD, you're speaking my language," Hyde chuckled, pulling her closer with an arm around her waist as he passed her the soda.

The gang sat in the basement, everything was surprisingly normal, Eric had finally gotten out of bed and shaved. Everything was as it usually was, except Donna was missing.

They were just fooling around, playing cards, Lucy trying to cheat when Donna walked in.

"Wow! Donna, you look great!" Jackie exclaimed, "What could it be? Oh I know! You lost 80 pounds of ugly fat!" She laughed, turning to Eric, "Burn, Eric, burn!"

"Okay, first of all, I weigh 130–40–9 pounds!" Eric kept changing his answer.

Lucy laughed, "Quit lying to yourself," Eric rolled his eyes while Lucy leaned forward to mouth "115," to Jackie.

"Yeah, you look good too Eric. You lost your one true love, so...Looking good," Fez complimented uncomfortably.

Donna spoke up, "Eric I found these records of yours and I thought you might want them back."

"Ah, the unpleasant exchange of possessions after the horrific break up," Hyde nodded while Eric got up to take the records, "Awkward for them, entertaining for us."

Lucy hummed, "You know, you'd be a pretty good narrator, you know the annoying one where the audience is like Just shut up already!" she teased with an innocent smile when he sneered at her.

"Whoa, shut up, Don Krishner's starting!" Kelso exclaimed, walking over the couch, stepping on Lucy in the process to get to the tv.

"Oh right, Paul McCartney and Wings are on tonight," Donna said, sitting beside Lucy.

"Oh my gosh, I've had this marked on my calendar forever!" Lucy squealed, Hyde unable to hide his smile as he watched her get excited.