twenty eight

THE HOUSE ARREST

Things in the Forman household had been tense ever since Red decided to have even more of a no nonsense attitude

Kitty was making brownies, Laurie was reading the paper, and Lucy and Hyde were stirring brownie batter. Everyone was inside because of the curfew Red had enforced.

At curfew, Red went to drag Eric out of the Cruiser—that they all lost privileges to, and brought him inside. "Jeez I wish I had a quarter for everytime I caught you making out with that neighbor girl!" Red exclaimed.

Lucy nodded, taking a sip of soda, "If I had a quarter for everytime I caught them doing more than making out, then I could afford the therapy I need," she mumbled, eliciting a snicker from Hyde.

"I wish I had a quarter for everytime you embarrass me," Eric retorted.

Red turned around, "I wish you did too. 'Cause then you'd be a millionaire and you could find someplace else to live."

"What?" Eric looked around, "And leave all this?"

Kitty picked up a plate, "Okay, fellas. Who wants brownies and a nice glass of milk?" Lucy's hand shot up.

"Oh geez," Red sighed, sitting down at the table.

"Daddy, I think it's great you gave Eric and Hyde a curfew. These boys, they need structure," Laurie nodded, "Well, I'll see you!" she said, standing up.

"Where do you think you're going?" Kitty asked.

Laurie furrowed her eyebrows, "To—night church?"

"Good one," Lucy said sarcastically.

"Sorry honey, curfew's for everyone," Red explained.

"But Daddy! It's me!" Laurie objected.

"Look, what they did is bad, but you sneaking around with Kelso is just unpleasant," Red said.

Lucy spun in her seat, "Wait, why am I here?"

"My little girl can't be out alone by herself," Red explained.

"Yeah, who knows what would happen to little Lucy!" Hyde teased, Lucy sneered in response, stealing his spoon.

"But Daddy, I'm not seeing Kelso," Laurie pouted.

"Untrue!" Hyde yelled. "A damnable lie!" Eric pointed. "That's rich!" Lucy laughed, the three doing so all at once, as if cued by Laurie's bullshit.

Laurie sighed, "A curfew? I'm stuck in this house with you people all night? This sucks!"

"Well, we're just thrilled about it!" Kitty said sarcastically.

Eric leaned against the counter, "Alright, there's an upside to this, I took her down with me!"

"Nice job," Hyde said, getting up.