seventeen

THE BROWNIES

Everyone sat in the basement in their usual spots

"Michael I want you to take me to the movies tonight," Jackie begged.

"I'm way ahead of you. 2:00, Smokey and the Bandit!" Kelso exclaimed.

"No, no, no. I already told you, I don't want to see that again. I don't like the South," Jackie complained.

"Want to go see The Goodbye Girl?" Donna suggested.

"Well I would but it has two basic flaws, no Smokey and no Bandit," Eric said, highfiving Kelso.

"Plus isn't The Goodbye Girl a girl movie?" Kelso laughed.

"You moron!" Hyde scoffed.

"Girls like to make out during girl movies," Lucy nodded, sitting in Hyde's lap and flipping the comic he was holding.

"How would you know?" Eric asked.

Lucy sent him a death glare and her twin quickly looked away.

"Well then I'm in!" Kelso cheered.

"Me too. I will come and watch," Fez said. Everyone looked at him concerned.

Kitty and Red came through the basement door. "Ok. T-minus 1 hour until the garage sale! Oh I feel like an astronaut! Oh Red! Remember how bad Eric wanted these rollerskates?"

"Yeah until Lucy pushed me off so she could have them," Eric mumbled.

"Not my fault you had small feet so I could fit in them!" Lucy defended herself.

"Yeah, you wasted a lot of my money son," Red said.

"Me and my damn childhood," Eric nodded.

"I mean, how could you?" Lucy asked, feigning shock.

"You know Mrs. Forman, I feel real bad. You let me stay here and everything. I wish I had something to contribute to the garage sale," Hyde said.

"Oh Steven, your loving smile is contribution enough," Kitty reassured.

"No it's not! You can start by letting go of my daughter!" Red scolded, Lucy jumped up and sat on the arm of the couch. "And then, run this upstairs," Red said, throwing a box on Hyde's lap.

"You heard him Kelso, move it!" Hyde commanded, throwing the box across the room.

"Hey, Dad, Donna and I were gonna go see The Goodbye Girl," Eric told their father.

"Yeah well I'm sure it's a great movie, Eric. But you're gonna be helping with the garage sale. It's important," Red said.

"Oh right we're having a garage sale because you lost your job—I mean because of all the clutter," Eric corrected himself when Lucy reached up to twist his ear.