Chapter 1

Getting used to a new house is never easy for anyone, especially if you're only two inches tall! Sage didn't want to have to leave her old house, but considering the events that forced them to move out, she was a bit more okay with it. The only problems that had been encountered on the move had been being separated from her parents and sister, but she eventually managed to pick up a straggler by the name of Grimm, who wasn't helping the stressful morning. Sage made sure she was able to remain calm enough to find a house that would be suitable for them to live in, seeing as she didn't want to go and look for her family, which could take years at her size. Eventually the two travelers stumbled upon a quaint shack on the beach, well the staircase for it at least, looking up, there was an entire mountain, which seemed to have the intricate carving of a giant six armed woman on it. After climbing the stairs and assessing the area, Sage ushered Grimm up the makeshift ladders that had been made of spare grappling hooks, Sage knew that this house was farthest away from the rest of the human civilization, which would make it much easier for two adolescent borrowers to live in, because usually only really old beans lived away from other people, right? Grimm nodded, as though reading Sage's mind and grabbed her hand, leading her into the home that they would be living in from now on.
Time skip; 2 weeks
Pearl's P.O.V.
I gathered the rest of Steven's laundry, only to notice that a pair of his socks were missing! Usually he has 124 pairs of socks, all even, but now he only has 123 pairs! Oh if Amethyst ate Steven's clothes again she's going to have to go with me to get more, and I will lecture her the entire time as well. After warping back down to the main room I noticed Amethyst ransacking the kitchen, she doesn't even need to eat! Why does she keep taking from Stevens food? "Hey, Steve-o! Are you the one eating all the chaaps?"
"I haven't had any chaaps, why?" Steven walked into the small kitchen area, and looked like he was going to continue when Garnet walked out of her room, her usually stoic expression replaced by an angry one "Which one of you two has been taking gem shards from my room?"
"It wasn't me, and I know for sure that even Amethyst isn't dumb enough to take gem shards from the temple."
"For once, I agree with Pearl. But if it's not any of us, maybe it's a mouse?"
"Well we have Lion to help us out if it is a mouse."
"No! We shouldn't hurt the little mousy-mouse it doesn't know any better!"
Sage's P.O.V.
Well, we're screwed. I knew I shouldn't have let Grimm take those shiny rocks from that weird lava room! Not that it really matters now these humans are after us. What if they call an exterminator! Wait they said that they had a lion, that's just worse! I jumped from the corner of the cabinet as I felt a hand on my shoulder, thank god it was just Grimm. Wait, why should I be thankful that it's Grimm? I'm in this mess because of her, great now I'm not sure whether I should be mad at Grimm or happy that it wasn't a human. "Well, I guess we can just have Amethyst catch them, seeing as she's probably responsible for attracting the mice in the first place. Not much of a surprise considering how messy her room is."
"Hey chill P, how would a mouse get into the temple in the first place?"
"Doesn't matter, we just need to capture the mice, dispose of them, and retrieve those gem shards." Great, just freaking great! Now I really wish that that old borrowers rumor was true, why couldn't only be the older beans that lived in houses farther away from others. If it was true then we wouldn't be having any of these problems right now, we'd probably be making a pretty good living. If only I hadn't taken a nap, I'd still be with my family, maybe I wouldn't be here with Grimm either. I felt Grimm wrap her arms around me, in an attempt to comfort me, and began purring against my face, much like a cat showing affection would towards its owner. I guess it helped more than I had thought it would, considering it lulled me into sleep.
(A/N)
This takes place slightly after the events of gem harvest, but might not follow all cannon events that take place afterwards. Also for those of you that came here from quotev, thank you so much for everything, I'll have the rest of this up soon