Sage teaches the Gems and Connie a lesson

Sage's P.O.V.

After having broken out from the thin layer of fabric, I began to lecture what I thought to have been a tall human wearing odd clothing, at least until they disintegrated into two smaller humans? Oh, would you look at that, one of them is the boy from yesterday. Not that I care, I've seen that trench coat trick, you can't fool me with that. "Well then, which one of you brought that book? I really need to start explaining this, especially if Grimm and I are going to be stuck here for a while." The short tan girl with wavy dark brown hair raised her hand
"Put the book on the table, I can't get onto the floor without my gear." Grimm grabbed my shoulder, and shook her head, telling me that it wasn't worth it, and I should just stay calm and not speak to them "Do you have no pride as a borrower Grimm? We have to defend our race, especially when it's being slandered by a poorly written book!" She narrowed her eyes, saying 'Sage, you know that's not what I mean, and you know exactly what I mean.'
"Of course I know what you mean, but, please just let me have this one explanation." The next look she gave me told me she approved, but she would help me out if I got in too deep. The purple on walked out of the blue door with an extremely confused expression on her face, before anything or anyone else could interrupt the speech that was bubbling up inside me I spoke; "Sit." All eyes were on me, mainly with an even more confused expression backing them, "What do you mean sit? Dude, are you really in the position to be making orders?" After the purple human spoke, the tallest of the humans walked to the couch, and sat down on it, making the others even more confused "Hey, Garnet, why are you listening to her?" In response to her 'Garnet' just shrugged and patted the cushion next to her, after a minute or so the rest of the humans got themselves situated on the couch as well. "Now then, how much do you think you know about borrowers?" The first one to speak up was the girl of whom brought the book in the first place, "Well, I thought the book was fictional to begin with, and seeing as how you're here, I don't think it's fake, so I guess I'll bring the book in as evidence." She sounded very uncertain with her words.
"Wrong, no borrower is dumb enough to get themselves caught by humans."
"Then how where you caught by us?" Garnet intercepted my words before I could continue
"It was your lion that caught us, not you, so we were caught by a cat, not a human."
"Even if we had caught you, you still wouldn't have been caught by humans, we're gems dude." The purple one spoke up, catching how embarrassed I was at the prospect of accidentally calling myself an idiot. After getting over my slight embarrassment, I got into my lecture about borrowers, and how we work, it was definitely worth it.

Pearl's P.O.V. (After lesson on borrowers)

So I guess we need to add borrowers to the long list of beings on earth that we need to protect, not that I mind, it's what Rose would've wanted. She would've loved to discover a new race with us, but we still have Steven, and that's enough for me. The borrower finished her long tangent on how wrong we were about her entire race, the second of the two seemed to just nod along and eventually fell asleep, the ranting one would mention her name once and a while and 'Grimm' would open her eyes and look around for a bit before shrugging and going back to sleep. By the end of it Amethyst was attempting to take a nap of her own, only to be yelled at by the borrower we still had yet to learn the name of "But she's asleep! Why do I have to stay awake for this if someone else is just going to sleep? You're acting just like Pearl!" Just as I was about to yell at her, the borrower responded "That's because Grimm is already a borrower, so she already knows everything that she needs to know about being herself. Are you a borrower? No, I don't think so, you're some kind of 'Gem' so you can't act like you've heard anything that I've had to say!" Grimm had woken up at this point, and grabbed her friends shoulder, in an attempt to calm her down. It worked slightly, but they proceeded to have a conversation with no words coming from Grimm at all, it more or so went like this; "Don't 'Calm down Sage' me! I don't need to calm down." They remind me a lot of Ruby and Sapphire when they unfuse because of an argument, or situation that made Garnet unstable. Except one didn't need any words to converse with the other, they just understood each other that well, I wish I could have a relationship like that with someone. Soon after this thought they started walking towards the edge of the table, worrying all of us about what they might be planning to do "What are you doing?" Came Garnets stoic voice, and edge of worry in her tone "We need to talk about where we're going to live now, duh. It's like you weren't paying any attention!" Before she could go on another long rant Grimm grabbed her hand, quickly shutting her up and reminding her of the long talk they had ahead of them.

Third Person P.O.V.

Everyone was confused as to what Sage meant, having tuned out most of what she was talking about Steven was the first to speak his confusion "What do you mean where you're going to live now? Are you leaving?" Grimm face palmed, having just before insistently tried to keep Steven from asking that question "So you weren't listening! Well, if you had been you would have heard me say that after a borrower is seen they have to move, that's what I'm talking about, now then give us a hand and help us onto the floor, we have a long talk ahead of us."
"Please don't leave! I wanted to be friends." Though Steven seemed sad at the prospect of his new friends leaving, he still helped them down to the floor, where they headed towards their quaint home under the couch, after Grimm nodded to them, before they completely disappeared though, Sage turned around and quickly said "We'll think about staying." And left for the day.