Pearl tries to be the smartest Gem

Grimm's P.O.V.

Almost as soon as I had began to get Sage into the big cats mane she woke up, and began crying at the sound of encroaching footsteps. Soon after Lion rolled away from us, revealing us to the beings that had been on a "mouse" hunt, of which all had their eyes locked onto me and Sage, of whom was gently crying into my shoulder. Being stared down by beings at least 90 times your size was mortifying, and as such, my body began to shake slightly. The extremely pale, sickly looking one looked towards the tallest of the group of four, seemingly asking a question that I wasn't allowed to hear, to which the tall one quietly answered "Only one." The pale one responded by making a quick grab for me, picking me up, and encasing me in what looked to be a bubble, walking towards a door with gems encased in a star, leaving Sage all alone with three humans. Soon after we entered the new room, one of which I had not seen behind this door, which confused me, aren't doors only supposed to lead to one place? Oh well, I can worry about that detail later, after walking into one of the tall water towers we began to go upwards, towards the top of the gravity defying water structure. When we reached the top, the water seemed to straighten out into a platform that the strange woman walked onto, with me, still trapped inside a bubble, in her hands, she turned me to face her, and asked "What are you? I've been on earth for thousands of years and I've never seen anything like you. I am not saying that there is something I don't know in front of Amethyst ever again." She seemed to be saying the last part of the sentence more to herself than to me, but in response I just shrugged. Pretty soon I think she'll realize that she chose the wrong one of us to take in here, especially if she was going to ask any questions.

Third Person P.O.V. (Back in the main room)

Immediately after Pearl had taken one of the two tiny beings into her room, Garnet acted of her own accord, and picked the second up, calmly asking "Where are the shards?" Sage seemed confused by the question, considering she was expecting something more along the lines of; "Why are you so small?" Or what would be her personal favorite, of which she had come up with herself, "Are you edible?" She had come up with a morbid line of jokes for just the situation she was now in. "Well?" A stoic voice broke her out of her momentary stupor, and she pointed towards the couch, and much to her surprise she was set down by the small opening to the home she and Grimm had set up underneath the couch, and was told to "Bring the shards out." Not wanting any angry humans to deal with she quickly did as she was told, doing her best to ignore any form of conversation that was going on outside. Soon she was back out and was quickly picked up by a light lilac hand. Garnet retrieved the shards, bubbled them, and sent them back into the heart of the temple. Next she pat Sage's head with her pointer finger, and told "Amethyst" to "Hold onto the little human, at least until Pearl comes back." The lithe woman had returned sooner than she was expected too, the reason unknown to everyone but Sage.

Sage's P.O.V.

Soon, the sickly woman arrived, with Grimm still in the bubble that she carried in her hands. Probably couldn't get her to talk. She popped the bubble and set Grimm down on the table next to me, Grimm soon engulfed me in a hug, and began to convulse, she was crying; "Could you get this one to talk Garnet? The one I took into my room just made odd hand gestures, I think it was ignoring me!"
"What did you do to her? She's crying." It was barely a whisper I spoke, but they could clearly hear that I had spoken, seeing as it had attracted the attention of all four beings. "Excuse me?"
"YOU MADE HER CRY! WHAT DID YOU DO?" I was crying at this point too, as well as yelling, I didn't care if I was squished anymore, Grimm may have been trouble, but she was also extremely kind and brave, and to see her crying like this, she must have been so scared. "I-I didn't mean to make her cry, I just wanted to know what she was. Garnet what do I do?"
"Ha! Pearl didn't know something! Again!"
"Amethyst! This is not the time for this." After the small argument between the women ended, the small boy stepped forward, wearing a worried expression on his face "A-are you okay? Please don't cry." The boys tone seemed quite sad as well Grimm didn't leave my grasp and simply shook her head against my body "She said no. Just leave us alone, please." The boy seemed content to listen to what I had said, and nodded to the three oddly colored women, signaling them to leave, except for the tall, reddish one, of whom took post towards the front door, giving a thumbs up to the boy, signalling that she wouldn't let anyone inside. "Okay, just talk to me when you're feeling better, I really want to be able to help you, but I'll only help if you want me to." The child flashed a small smile towards us, and walked up the small set of stairs leading to his bed, leaving us alone on the table.

????'s P.O.V.

The Borrowers by Mary Norton? This seems like a really great book! I hope Steven will like it, I'll show it to him tomorrow, it's a little to late to go over his house right now.

(A/N)

It's me again! Thanks so much for reading guys, once again, I'll update as soon as I possibly can.