Speaking with Connie

Sage's P.O.V.

Very soon after we had our conversation, after Connie had left, of course, we made our way up to her room, where we waited for her to arrive from Steven's house, so we could talk to her about securing transportation back to his house. Which Grimm had made sure that I agreed with, only after jokingly saying that she had decided we were going back had she decided that it was actually a good idea, saying that "It's much safer for us there." and "They aren't human, so it's a win-win!" I buckled, mainly because I could tell how much she wanted to tell Steven that we were alright all by herself, even if he wouldn't understand her. Next thing you know she's going to want to be friends with him!

After waiting a couple of hours Connie returned and had soon settled down on her bed, after she had made herself comfortable we chose to reveal ourselves, Connie was the first to break the ice "Oh, wow, I didn't think you two would actually end up coming!" Connie smiled down at us, "Yeah, well we did. And Grimm has something that she'd like to say." I gestured towards Grimm, who started attempting to communicate with Connie, who's face contorted in misunderstanding
"What's she saying? I don't know much sign language, sorry." So that's what it's called, I always thought that it was just the borrower language, seeing as borrowers never wanted to be heard by humans when we were speaking among ourselves. I was never sure why Grimm didn't start speaking in English, maybe she was never taught? "She's saying to take us back to Steven's house." My response was gruff, mainly because I still would much rather stay here than go back to the small house where we were originally captured. "Okay, I'll take you tomorrow if that's alright with you, and if you don't mind me asking, how do you know so much sign language?"
"If you had payed attention to what I said about borrowers, you'd have known that 'Sign Language' is the first language we learn as children, after we reach a certain age, were we know that we have to remain silent if we don't want to be seen or captured by humans, our parents begin to teach us English, or whatever language is the main one of the country we are in." Grimm nodded behind me, either confirming what I was saying, or trying her hardest not to fall asleep while I was speaking again. At least she makes an effort, if I remember correctly only one of the 'Gems' seemed truly interested in what I had to say was 'Pearl' the one that had traumatized Grimm, even thought she was interested, I don't like her, it's just a rule of thumb, if a human or 'Gem' captures your best friend and possible crush you automatically hate them.

Grimm's P.O.V.

Almost immediately after the conversation had begun, Connie began to ask questions directed more at me than at the both of us, the only one that I tried to answer was "Why don't you speak English."
"Because I don't want to." Sage didn't even try to translate, she thought that my nonchalant shrug was enough to answer for it.
"Wait, what was that? Sage can you translate for me?"
"No, if you want to know what she's saying then learn 'sign language'." Now this, this is why I love this girl I'm best friends with Sage. Connie looked slightly crestfallen, but nodded in understanding "It must be hard to have to constantly translate for humans and gems."
"Why would it be hard to translate the first language I learned?" That was the one thing Connie should have avoided saying, you really have to walk on ice with what you say around Sage. "Oh, tha-that's not what I meant-"
"There's no other way to interpret it."
"There are plenty of other ways to interpret it, Sage, just calm down."
"I don't need to calm down! Don't tell me to calm down!" Sage yelled this, but soon realized her mistake as she covered her mouth, I looked towards Connie, trying to ask her if there was anyone else home, which we found out sooner than expected, as her mother opened her door, Connie quickly hid us behind her, being mindful not to pick us up, "Connie, who are you talking to?"
"No one, mother."
"I swear I heard something, I guess it's just my imagination then, goodnight."
"Goodnight." The door closed after her mother exited, and after letting out a sigh of relief Connie yawned "Are you guys tired?" She whispered to us, as not to notify her mother to our presence. Both Sage and I nodded, and were placed onto one Connie's pillows, that she set down on her bedside table for us to rest on, and with that we all settled down for the night and went to sleep.