The Borrowers meet Stevonnie

By the next morning Steven had received a text from Connie, saying that she had found a very interesting book that she was going to bring over today. Steven enjoyed Connie's company, but with the two little guests he had currently sleeping on the table next to the couch, he wasn't sure that it was a good idea to have anyone but himself and gems inside the house at the moment, which meant no full humans. But that doesn't mean Stevonnie can't be here! He should go and get to Connie before she gets here "Steven! Connie's here!" Garnet warned him of Connie's approach, and he quickly ran to the door, and bumped into Connie, causing them to fuse and form Stevonnie. As Stevonnie, they walked into the beach house, still holding the book that Connie had been carrying to show to Steven, but she guessed that since they're Stevonnie she could still show him the book. Garnet seemed ecstatic to have Stevonnie in the small house, seeing as she was always very emotional when it came to the topic of fusion, mainly because she herself was a manifestation of the love between two gems, whom constantly remained fused as a show of commitment. The temporary full human ban had been bypassed by fusion, now the three-fourths human decided to settle down on the couch, but not before Garnet had inconspicuously put a blanket over the small guests that were currently sleeping on the table. Even if it was now mid-afternoon, the small beings seemed to have been wiped out by being caught by the gems yesterday.

Pearl stepped into the main room to see Stevonnie sitting on the couch, and began to look about for the small guests, she had planned on apologizing this morning, but since neither of them seemed to be anywhere, she guessed she could settle for talking with Stevonnie until the odd pair returned. As Pearl sat down on the couch next to Stevonnie, they smiled up at her "Hey Pearl! You want to read this book Connie brought with her with me?"
"Sounds delightful, what would the book happen to be named?"
"I believe it's called "The Borrowers" by Mary Norton." While speaking of the book, Stevonnie held it up. Seeing the cover, having a small family of what looked to be tiny humans in a quaint house under what seemed to be floorboards, Pearl gasped, and looked towards Garnet, quickly asking "Garnet where are they?" The mentioned women silently pointed towards the blanked set down on the table, Pearl quickly reached for the lump underneath the blanket, but Garnet stopped her. If they were going to be seen by Stevonnie, Garnet knew that the two would rather do it on their terms. Stevonnie looked confused by the sudden exchange that happened in from of them, only because Steven was trying his hardest to keep the Connie side of the fusion from knowing about what the new found "Borrowers" if that was what they also called themselves that is. They shook it off and began to talk more about the book, Connie mostly taking over to explain the plot, and while going unnoticed by the younger fusion, the older gems noticed the lump underneath the blanket beginning to move about, seems like their guests were awake. While Garnet knew that they were most likely going to be slipping out from under the small piece of fabric separating them and the outside world soon, Pearl was hoping that the borrowers weren't going to reveal themselves, in a feeble attempt to prove herself smarter than the rest of the Crystal Gems, the ones that were still here, that is. The next time the word "borrowers" was uttered by Stevonnie, the voice of the two small beings broke out from underneath the blanket yelling at Stevonnie "That is not how borrowers work! How do none of you humans ever get it right! A borrower even explained to this 'Mary Norton' woman about how we operate! Am I going to have to teach a full scale lesson here?" Stevonnie was about to stutter out a response when the more silent of the two sleepily made a grab for the other, trying to get her to go back to sleep. At the sight of two fictional beings, Stevonnie became too unstable to be able to keep themselves together, and unfused, Steven and Connie falling onto the floor where Stevonnie once stood.