Past

"Oh shit" Scarlett muttered to herself as she jumped on her shiny, black Kawasaki motorbike. she had over slept and was running extremely late for work. Today was an important day because it was her first day at work. "Why me?" Scarlett mumbled to herself. She wizzed past the extremely bust streets of central London. Luck seemed to be with her at the moment, all the traffic lights were green. She turned round the corner approaching her destination and finally she made it to 'Clicks' the five star restaurant. It was a small place just off the high street. She hopped off her bike, yanking off her helmet and gloves in one swift movement. She then put her gloves in her bag and made her way quickly inside.

"I'm sorry but we're closed at the moment" a male voice shouted through the restaurant. "Well actually I think you'll be closed all day without me" Scarlett replied her words dripped with sarcasm. This caused the strange boy to turn round and look up and as he did he gasped. Scarlett was beautiful, her eyes were grey and she lined them with eyeliner. They popped out and looked even more clearer. Her hair was a white blonde and underneath was black. She had perfect skin, she really was a beauty. Scarlett looked at Leo and noticed he had a tattoo sleeve, he also had wild black hair. He was handsome and she couldn't deny it.

Leo walked towards Scarlett. "And who my dear might you be?" He wondered. "Scarlett and I believe that I am your new head chef" She told him. "Well Scarlett my believed to be head chef it's very nice to meet you I'm Leo" He said, offering out his hand for Scarlett to shake. Scarlett reached out and shook his hand and as she did she felt something. Sparks ignited up her arm, She looked up into Leos eyes and noticed how handsome he truly was. Leo felt the exact same thing when Scarlett shook his hand, It was like a magical touch. As Leo felt the sparks he looked down into Scarlett's eyes, they were truly breath taking. In fact they were so beautiful it would be hard not to fall for her. She had Leo trapped.

The two were interrupted by a door closing. "I assume you are Scarlett?" A middle aged lady asked. "Yes ma'am" Scarlett replied as she fought the urge to salute the woman. "Ma'am what do I look like you gran " the woman responded. "I'm Laura your manager here at Clicks" She stated as she walked away. Scarlett liked the thought of working here, if everyone was as nice as Leo and Laura then everything would be perfect. Laura walked away and went back through the door she came from.

Scarlett turned back to Leo and noticed that he hadn't stopped staring at her this whole time. She then looked at him and they were locked in on another's gaze. As they stood there they both felt like there was a connection between them, like something was pulling them. They felt like they were magnets. The sparks that they felt had increased and it was like fireworks were going off. Their heart beats sped up and there stomach's filled with butterflies. It was a new feeling for the both of them and they didn't know whether to be scared or to be filled with joy.

Neither one of them wanted to be the first to walk away. It was like they were both stuck in a bubble, both of them blocking out the rest of the world. They stood there gazing at one another, taking in one another's appearance's. It felt like it was just the two of them no-one else. Time froze as they stood there and they both didn't want time to start again because if it did they would have to leave one another. Scarlett didn't believe in love at first sight, so she decided it must be a different feeling. She didn't want to be hurt but Leo was something else. He seemed kind and gentle but she didn't even know him properly.

It felt like had been searching for one another all their life. It was like they had finally found something that they had lost. They couldn't quiet put there finger on it. Scarlett pulled away and as she did she felt the loss of Leo's eyes on her. She walked into the kitchen without saying another word. When she got there she smiled to herself, today was going to be a good day and if it wasn't then she would just think of her time with Leo. That would make her smile, she put her hand on her heart and felt the beat return to normal. What had Leo done to her, she felt different.   

Leo was in the other room smiling as well. He felt happy knowing he would always be near Scarlett. He wanted to go back in the kitchen to be with her some more but then he though that might be a bit creepy. He couldn't help but think of Scarlett, her eyes were just something else. When he looked into her eyes it was like she was pulling him closer. He got on with his work knowing he would see Scarlett soon.