Present

Scar looked down at Leo in his hospital bed and as she did his eyes fluttered open. "Told you it was just as nap" he whispered. She smiled knowing he had kept another promised. That's when Scar saw how pale he was, he looked like a ghost and it wasn't healthy. She knew deep down that his fight and pain would be over soon. She saw the light behind his eyes had stopped shining and it was killing her. She could feel him slipping away in her heart and she felt lost. She knew he wouldn't last much longer.

"Leo I love you with all my heart and I thank you for all this times we've had together. I have never met anyone like you in my life and I don't think I ever will you are the greatest. I didn't believe in love at first sight until I saw you that day in the restaurant and from the moment I first saw you I knew everything had changed. Your my life Leo and you have given me my happiest memories I will treasure them forever and although we haven't had long together I have loved our forever. I just wish I had met you even earlier in life and I wish I could spend more time with you. If someone asks me what's best about my life I would say you because its the truth" She told him.

Leo smiled before he replied "Thank you for staying with me through everything and I'm sorry I'm leaving you. I wouldn't change a thing about us because I love you. I cannot put how much I really love you into words because I would have to write books. Scarlett I have loved our forever and the time we have spent together. The only thing I'm glad I did in life was meet you and if I hadn't then I don't know what I would have done. you are my life and my reason why I believe in love. Just you breathing is a gift to me and I wouldn't care what happened as long as you were by my side but I do have to say goodbye."

His heart monitor began slowing down and Scar knew it was time. "At least I got to see you one last time" She whispered, as he closed his eyes for the last time. Tears streamed down both he cheeks and left lines of mascara down her paled face. The time of the heart monitor finally went dead and a sigh escaped Leo's lips. He was finally at peace and away from the pain. He wouldn't be hurting anymore and he would be happy. Scar wouldn't have to watch as he hurt and she wouldn't have to see him in pain anymore.

All that could be heard from the corridor were Scars sobs coming from inside Leo's room and the flat line of his heart monitor. Everyone knew this day was arriving but no-one knew when it would come. They were all just grateful that they got to see each other for one last time. They got to say goodbye to each other and that's what everyone wished could happen. It was a fairy-tale and a tragedy all in one, she got her wish to see him but he left her and he wasn't ever coming back. That's why love hurts because when everything's going right something happens to make it come crashing down and make it hurt.

For Scar there were only two thing she was grateful for. One was that Leo was out of harms way, he was out of the reach of suffering and out of reach of feeling any pain again. The second thing was that in her heart deep down she knew she would see Leo again and she would be reunited with him up in the heavens above. Although she couldn't be sure she had a feeling in her bones that eventually everything would be ok but at the minute she had just lost the love of her life, her world had been crushed and she was hurting now.

Scar sat on the chair at the side of Leo's bed and watched as the doctors wheeled him away. She sat there twiddling the ring on her finger thinking about their last words. Her heart was shattered and there was no one to sew it back together again. The one who fixed her was gone. Tears were streaming down her face and the girl who seemed unbreakable finally broke. As she let out a cry of pain as though someone had punched a whole in her chest. She felt like she was drowning in the sadness and she didn't know how she could escape it. There was no way out if it and everything was hurting.

Her hope had shattered. She knew life wasn't a fairy-tale but she didn't want a fairy-tale, she only wanted Leo. To be held by him and too see him again. She knew she couldn't have Leo. She began full on sobbing and her friends came in to hold her but they couldn't make it better. The only one who could was now at peace and was gone. Nothing could be fixed without Leo and she knew nothing would ever be the same again. Everything had changed.