Past

It was a chilly winter's evening. Scarlett was dressed like she was going to the Artic, she had two jumpers on, a coat, gloves and thick joggers. Leo had told her to dress like this. He didn't want her to get a cold or be ill. He told her that he would pick her up at seven and he arrived exactly on time. He brought Scarlett chocolates and flowers like a true gentleman. He walked her down to his car and held the door open for her. When she was safely inside he climbed in and drove. Leo drove down all the roads that were familiar to Scarlett and she wondered where they were going. Leo then stopped the car just outside the local park.

As Leo parked the car Scarlett noticed an ice rink right in the middle of the small park. It was filled with couples and families all enjoying the ice. They all had huge smiles on there faces. It looked like a place of pure happiness, it was giving off a great vibe and Scarlett loved places like that. It was one of those places, you just looked at it and it made you smile because you could feel the happiness. It was a place you wanted to be and a place you didn't want to leave. It was truly amazing. If Leo hadn't of taken her there then she wouldn't have know it was even there. It was an amazing surprise and she really did love it.

Leo got out of the car and walked round to open Scarlett's door, as the two walked into the park Leo grabbed Scarlett's hand and entwined his fingers with hers. Leo went over and hired some skates for the two of them. Scarlett and Leo laced up their skates and made there way to the ice rink together. Leo was a natural on the ice and he could skate better than Scarlett. Scarlett was very wobbly on the ice and she kept falling over but Leo was always there to catch her. They spent hours and hours skating together. They were lost in one another's company, they were too busy having fun to notice anything else. It wasn't what Scarlett expected for a first date but it was nice. By the end of the night Scarlett and Leo were skating hand in hand together.

After they got off the ice Leo returned their skates and went over to buy them something to drink. He came back later with hot chocolate and croissants, they ate together and then they had more chocolate to keep them warm. The air was getting colder and the day was getting later. This night was perfect. "thank you" Scarlett said, "for what?" Leo asked. "for giving me the best date ever" She replied. "There'll be plenty more if you'll have me" Leo wondered. "Of course" Scarlett told him. They looked at each other and smiled, everything felt right and everything was going ok.

Leo and Scarlett made there way back to the car and Leo held the door while he waited for Scarlett to climb in. It was a wonderful evening and they both had smiles on their faces. Leo then drove Scarlett back to hers, he parked the car outside and they stayed there for a little. Leo got out and walked Scarlett to her door as he got there he stopped to stare at her. He then looked into her eyes as he asked "Scarlett would you do me the honour of being my girlfriend?" Scarlett stomach filled with butterflies as he asked her "the honour is all mine of course I will" she replied. In that one sentence everything felt different, everything felt good and it felt like it should be.

Leo leaned in to Scarlett and Scarlett lent in to. They moved towards one another and then their lips locked. Sparks flew all around and it was like an explosion. Their heart beats sped up and they just kissed not caring about anything else. Love was thick in the air and they couldn't deny there feelings for one another. Finally they had admitted what was there and they gave in. They both got what they wanted and what they wanted was each other.