Past

It was two months into the relationship and everything was going well, it was going great. Today they were going to go to the beach. It was warm outside and the sun was high in the sky, shining down. It was the perfect day for a trip to the beach. They were all packed and ready but Scarlett was really nervous because of her secret. She loved the beach and going swimming but she didn't know what Leo was going to say to her or how  he would react. She knew he would probably act well but you never know for sure, someone could surprise you.

When Scarlett was younger her and her dad were in the car driving back from her friends birthday party. Everything was going fine, there was a soft layer of snow on the ground and Scarlett's dad was driving carefully. They were talking about the party and laughing at everything that had happened there. Scarlett's dad turned the corner and ran into a sheet of black ice. The car went tumbling over, the window shattered and glass flew every where. Scarlett was screaming and her dad was unconscious, the car was turned sideways and Scarlett could feel a pain shooting up her leg. When she woke in hospital she found out that they had to sew her leg and now she has a massive scar up it. Her dad was ok but he blamed himself for hurting her.

Going to the beach meant that Leo would see it and the scar wasn't the prettiest. It made her feel self conscious and she hated it. It was a constant reminder that she was different from everyone else and that she wasn't as beautiful as the other girls she knew. She hated the fact that her scar put a wedge between her and her dad. She always tried to hide it with patterned tights, long bottom or dark tights. Leo hadn't seen yet and that's why she was nervous, she had no idea what he'd think. She was scared of his reaction. They climbed in the car and made there way to the beach.

As Leo drove he could sense Scarlett's nervousness, he could feel that something was bugging her. "What's up?" He asked her, concern in his voice. "Nothing" she responded quietly. Leo himself began to worry because Scarlett would always tell him when something was wrong. He began to wonder if he'd done anything to upset her or make her feel uncomfortable. He couldn't think of anything. Scarlett was getting more anxious with the closer they got to the beach but she tried her best to hide it and not let it get the best of her.

They arrived at the beach and grabbed their bags out of the car. They walked along the beach hand in hand looking for a place to sit. They found the perfect spot out of the way but in the shade. They put their bags down and laid there towels down. Leo pulled off his joggers and top putting them in his bag and sitting down. Scarlett stood there not knowing what to do. Scarlett stood there in her joggers and a vest top looking down at Leo. He looked up at her and asked "aren't you hot?." She nodded her head. "Scarlett your beautiful don't worry" he told her. He smiled at her and she gave a small smile back. She looked around before she pulled off her vest top and then pulled down her joggers. Underneath she was wearing a sailor striped bikini. She sat down avoiding Leo's gaze.

He moved over and sat in front of her cupping her face. He looked at her scar and then back to her face. "Is this what you've been worrying about?" He asked.  "Yes" she whispered. Leo shook his head and looked down and his amazing girlfriend. "Scarlett you are incredibly beautiful so what you have a scar it makes you more special and it makes you, you" He told her. She shook her head "Scarlett honestly you are the most beautiful woman I have met and I was shocked by how beautiful you were" He explained. She gave him a small smile "Okay" she mumbled. He looked into her eyes and kissed her.

"It represents you" He pointed out. "What?" she asked confused. "Scar" he mumbled as he traced it. From then on he called her Scar instead of Scarlett.