Leaving

Daddy called. He told me Paige has died. Tears stain my face as I detach myself even more. This is happening way to fast. I need to call my friends.

I decide to call Autumn. "Hello." I nearly cried into the phone."Hey, Waverly. Are you alright." "No, my sister just died." "This flu is serious." "Yes, it is. How are you and your family." "I'm fine." I could hear the pain in her voice. "Autumn...." "All of them are dead." "Are you with someone. Where are you?" "Yes, I'm with Brendan. His sister is ill. His parents are dead." " I'm driving over." "What?" "You heard me. I'm coming over."

~

"Mom, I'm going to help Brendan's sister. Will you be okay?"

"Yes." She said this slowly and weakly.

I kissed her on the cheek. " I love you. I will be right back."

~

The engine on the four wheeler roared. I drove down the familiar roads and stopped at a house. I parked the four wheeler and walked up the stairs on the porch. Before I knocked the door jiggled open. Out came a boy that looked like a miniature Brendan. "Hello, Jackson!" "Waverly!" The boy screamed with joy. I walked in with Jackson hugging my leg.

"Where's your little sis?"

The boy frowned. "Dead..."

I picked him up and hugged him. "It's going to be okay."

Autumn is sitting on the couch with a gloomy look on her face. Kaitlyn is laying on the other couch groaning. I felt her forehead. It's not as hot as Mom's and my sister's forehead. Dread filled me.

" Where's Brendan?"

" In his room." Autumn answered me. She must be in so much pain.

The door to Brendan's room was closed. I knocked on the door. I heard muffled nosie in the room.

"Who is it?" He asked.

" It's me. We need..."

"Oh great it's you. Can you bother someone else?"

What is his problem? Anger boiled in me. "We need a..."

"Not we. I need a way to get away from you."

I felt a little stab in my heart. Why would he say that? Whatever. "Brendan, shut up and let me finish! We need a plan!"

"For what?"

"We need a plan on what to do next."

"Can you plan without me?" I swear why couldn't the disease affect him and make him be reasonable.

A smile came to my lips. I pretended to sigh. "Could you please come to the living room to help me plan. Or are you too short to help." When I said this, I heard fast movement.

"Do you want to fight?" He flung open the door. Was he mad or just messing around? I ran into the living room where every one else was. "Help me!" I screamed. My heart was beating fast. Why though? Brendan walked into the room. His face had a smirk on it. I was angry and embarrassed at the same time.
I could feel my face heating up and I detached myself. My usual smiled popped up on my face.

"Now, let's make a plan."