Attacking

Sharp screams filled the air and the cold sniped and snapped at me. I saw a blurry vision of my friends. A clear substance was running down their faces. One with a blurry face did not have that clear substance running down his face and his laugh cut through me. It was a cruel laugh. A powerful jolt sprang through me. I was about to get up, but my leg crumbled in pain. I screamed as I heard a gun shot. Two people fell down. A pool of my own tears surrounded me. Then, I heard someone yell, "Waverly!" Blackness swallowed me and light blue came into my vision.

"Waverly, are you okay? You were screaming again." Eva's worried face was a giant black dot in the blue sky. My face started to figit from the glare of the sun. I sat up quickly which gave me a painful jolt in the leg. I silently counted everyone and had a sigh of relief.

"You know Waverly it's not the first time you did this." Autumn told me with one eyebrow raised.

"You know Autumn you could give me back my leather jacket." Autumn begged me for my leather jacket. She forgot her's at her house. I'm actually surprised she forgot about it.

"No! You wouldn't dare!" She was dramatically yelling.

Deciding to go along with her I got up and hopped after her with a devious smile on my face. "Dare I would." As I was chasing her I got carried away. I ran a step with my wounded leg and crumbled to the ground. I stifled a scream. This was my fault. This reminded me of my horrible dream too.

"Are you okay?" Autumn's voice flooded with concern.

"I'm fine." I took a deep breath. "Let's get going."

Autumn's pov

Worry consumed my thoughts. When she fell down and I came over there to help her, her face became pale. A moving white dot distracts me from my thoughts. "What is that?" Waverly looks in the direction I'm looking. Pure joy springs onto her face.

"Scout!" She cried. A black dot came behind the white dot. "Alex!" Waverly started running, but fell with a yelp of pain. I ran over to her to help her. I watched as the white dot turned into a white dog. The black dot turned into an adorable black kitten. Eva and Lacy ran over to us with smiles on their faces.

"They came all this way!" Eva said excitedly.

"That was a long way." Lacy pointed out. That was the first time I heard Lacy speak. She had a sweet childlike voice that matched her personality. Waverly gleamed a smile at Lacy. She put her hand on Lacy's shoulder and blew a loud whistle. Eva and Lacy joined in. Jackson thought this was a perfect time to join in, but he did not form his tong right. Waverly squatted down, well more like sat down, and held her hands out. The animals jumped into her arms.

"I missed you." She whispered and I had the feeling she wasn't just talking to them.

Brendan's pov

After the dramatic reunion, we continued on the dark gray road to the hospital. Thinking to myself I thought the arrow in her leg suited her and should probably stay. (Just for you Brendog622.) A white building loomed in the distance. "The hospital," I thought. The white wasn't very white anymore. It was more yellowish than white. The flu must have pushed the building to it's limits. I saw a glint of a smile from Waverly's face. She started to run and she fell again. She didn't move for a moment. She groaned and slowly helped herself up. "Will I ever stop falling?"

"Probably not." I smirked.

She glared at me. "Not the answer I was looking for."

"Good."

Rider's pov

We are almost at the hospital. I hope the boss has the plan ready. Fear sprang around in my chest as I opened the door for the others.