Waking

Brendan's pov

We woke up and Waverly was still sleeping. Rider and I ate in silence. Waverly started to stir.

"Good morning, sleepy head." She had a cheerful look on her face.

"Good morning to you too! Let's go find our group."

Rider asked with a questioning look, "Already?"

"Yes, let's go." She got up and limped out of the barn. We followed her.

"Where are we Rider?" She asked him.

" It will just confuse you. I'll just ask you where you're going."

"Alright." She told him the location of the others.

"That will be around a few days journey."

"What!" I cried.

"You heard me a few days journey."

"Then let's start." Waverly said limping ahead.

"You're going the wrong way." Rider told her this.

"I know that!" Then she followed us on the long journey ahead of us.

Waverly's pov

I still have Autumn's hair die. I am more worried about food though, but it will be a gift for leaving for so long. I peeked at my leg and I felt a tingle of fear. I might not survive. My leg has an infection. No one has noticed yet.

We picked a clearing near the road to camp for the night. While the guys were setting up the camp, I walked into the forest and looked up at the dark sky. Stars twinkled as I sang a song that reminded me of this moment.

"Every night when the stars come out, I feel like the only living soul around..."

I heard a movement behind me and turned around. Rider came out of the shadows into the moonlight. I sighed with relief. "It's you."

"Only me. I couldn't help to notice you were singing the song "HandClap"."

"Yeah. No one I know likes that song, but the song speaks to me."

"Me too." Then together we sang the song and at the end of it we laughed. I was not the only soul around now.