Resting

We followed Rider to his house if you could call it that. It was more of an abandoned barn than a house. We entered a stall door and Rider announced, " This is my humble home."

"Lovely!" Brendan gave a look of disdain about my comment and Rider's humble home. I knew Brendan didn't trust Rider, so I didn't say anything about Brendan being rude. Rider started a fire and we all sat down by it.

"Can I see your leg?" I pulled up my pants leg and showed Rider my leg. Even though I was showing Rider, Brendan seemed worried and peered over the fire to see. "What a good friend," I thought.

"I don't have any medication for that, sorry." He started cooking something over the fire.

"It's not your fault." I replied. I don't know why, but the smell of food and the sun setting in the distance made me want to fall asleep.

~

Brendan's pov

Waverly became quiet and I looked over where she was sitting (excuse me laying). She was asleep and we just got here, but then I realized when was the last time I saw her sleep. That answer was never. I have not even seen her nap. Then I realized she left me alone with Rider. I don't like him. I have a gut feeling that something is wrong.

"Your friend there is very strong. You know that?" I started to think about this. Waverly strong? Sometimes and sometimes not.

"I guess she is." I shrugged.

" The state her leg is in she should have been in a condition of deep sleep." He phrase his words differently. What is with this guy?

"What do you mean?"

"She shouldn't have been awake, talking, or walking. She has the will to stay awake and be with your little group."

"You interpret things even before know all the facts."

"You can't see it?"

"See what?"

"The will to live." I didn't comment. Instead of sleeping I watched him eat and then go to sleep, but I didn't sleep myself. I have to be alert because I do not trust this Rider fellow.