Strangers

Joe's pov

I hid in the damp trees watching the little group below me. I quietly drew my arrow as I started to aim at the girl. Everyone wants her, so I want her too. I watched the arrow fly into the girls leg. She doesn't even flinch. She pulls out the arrow and looks in my direction. I rub my eyes as I watch her lift into the sky and hover over to me. "Why did you shoot me?"

"You make me sound like a bad guy." I answered. I still could not believe what just happened in front of me. "What are you?"

She cringed. "It's who. Who am I?" Tears started to fall from her face as she hovered away.

"Too much beer..." I said, "but I don't even drink beer." I sighed. That was not the first time I made someone cry. A guy in the group ran after the girl and a short guy has recently began to search for me. I quickly climbed down the tree and made a dash for it. Nothing that I haven't done before. Apparently today was not a day of good luck. I tripped over a stone and the short dude caught up to me. He roughly pulled me up and dragged me away. I think I sprained my ankle, so I could not get away. This day is getting better by the second.

_

Waverly's pov

I have recently mastered flying. A move I thought I could never do. I haven't figured out how to fly like Peter Pan yet, but I can hover. But my mood switched to listening to the footsteps behind me instead of thinking about flying. Rider was soon beside me and pulled me into a tight hug. "It's alright." He told me.

I realized I have been crying. "He called me an it!" I bawled.

"Shoosh." He said. "You are anything but an it. You are amazing and special."

"Special?" I cried harder.

" Not in that way." He panicked. "You are unique and cool."

I took a few deep breaths. "Hiccup!" I narrowed my eyes. I hate the hiccups! "Couldn't hiccup this day hiccup get any hiccup worse? Hiccup!"