Finding

Eva and Lacy came with Jackson and me to my house carrying food, medical items, and water in milk cartons. We arrived at my house. I was forming a plan. "We will go to Brendan's house soon. I must finish up some things though."

Eva asked, "What are those things?" Eva is about two years younger than me and the action I was about to do might scare her so, I said, "Don't worry about it."

I left the house, but before I went to far Brendan ran after me. "Need some help."

"I'm not sure you are up to the task." He understood that I didn't want any help with that answer, so he left.

I grabbed my dad's shovel and dug. Sweat was pouring off my face as the sun fried my skin. I didn't stop digging till the hole was big enough for two bodies. I went back to the house. Everyone was eating, but I didn't see Brendan. "Where's Brendan?" Then Brendan ran into the house breathing hard. He looked terrified.

"What's wrong?" I put my hand on Brendan's shoulder to keep him from falling over.

"We aren't alone." He said this slowly with ragged breaths.

"Autumn do you know how to drive a four wheeler?"

"Yes."

"Good take Eva, Kaitlyn, Jackson, and Lacy. Eva you hold Kaitlyn. Take as many supplies as you can with you. Come back when you get everyone settled. Do not rush. Brendan and I can take care of ourselves."

"Who will kept an eye on them when I come back for y'all?"

"Your right. Brendan go with them."

Brendan gasped. " No. No time. No room. Hurry go. No condition to go."

"He is right." I agreed with Brendan. First time for everything right?

~

Autumn's pov

I drove away as fast as I could. I never saw Brendan that scared. I must take him seriously. I am filled with worry for my friends.

~

We arrive at Brendan's house and I laid Kaitlyn on the couch. I stored the supplies and asked Eva if she was up to the challenge of taking care of the others. She said she will do her best. I left hoping that my friends were still okay and that no harm will come to Eva and the others.