Joe

Waverly's pov

Rider and I headed back to the camp. The stranger who shot me was sitting on a stump. He stared at me warily. I couldn't ask him any question's because of Autumn and Brendan. They were fighting. "What's wrong?" I asked. They didn't even look at me. Brendan ran off and Autumn ran the other way.

Rider made a concerned face. "Will you be okay?" He asked. I nodded. "I'm going after Brendan. Will you go after Autumn?"

"Sure." I turned around and started to go after Autumn, but Rider grabbed me into a hug and gave me a kiss on my head. I stared at him speechless. He grinned then ran after Brendan. I turned toward the stranger. "Don't go anywhere!" I frowned.

"I will count on it." He grimaced. I rolled my eyes and went over to him.

"I guess I will take you with me then."

He rolled his eyes. "Great!" I grabbed a blanket and let him slowly sit on it and dragged it behind me. "I'm going to fall off." He grumbled.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Joe." He sneered.

I smiled. "Well, Joe, you pull the blankets end up and firmly put your legs in the poker you made with the blanket. Then you won't fall off." I jerked the blanket and he almost fell.

"Thanks!" Joe smiled sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. Then I stopped. "What is it now!" Joe yelled. He seemed pretty annoyed.

"There's a portal." I whispered.

"Stop pulling my leg." He rolled his eyes. Then he craned his neck toward the clear blue portal in front of me. "Where do you think it goes?" He asked.

"Only one way to find out." I answered. I dragged Joe along into the portal. He started to scream no, but the whole world turned black and soundless.

Continued in The Boy Who Wanted To Be Caught...