Chapter 16

Mabel's POV
~~~~~~~~~

I yawn as I wake up, looking over at my still sleeping twin. Today is the day they will be able to see my body. And then I won't feel stupid having to wear a puppet on my invisible arm...

As I get up and float around Dipper's apartment (Pro tip, if you become a ghost, have fun with floating! It is soooo good!) when I hear some mumbling and pencil scampering.
Curious I open Bill's door, he spins around and shuts an open book closed. I jump at the quick action. "Uhh, good morning Shooting Star. " He clears his throat, gathers the book in his arms and runs to the living room.

"Oh come on Bill don't act like that around me! What you writing~" I tease.

"Nothing!" He blurts quickly, he slaps a hand over his face. "Nothing... Important I mean. But good news I've finished writing the spell." He explains, only now I notice the large bags under his eyes.

"Woah! Bag check for Bill's eyes! Do you even sleep? You are a dream demon right! Haha!" I joke, he smiles but doesn't say anything.
"Do... Do you sleep Bill?" I ask quietly, he shakes his head.

"No, if I sleep I have a high chance to wind up in PineTrees dreamscape. And that isn't really sleeping for a dream demon so I don't want to risk it." He explains.

"Dude, you need to learn to control your human powers or you are going to die." I explain, he nods slowly and walks over to the breakfast bar, he places his book down and starts to make a coffee.

I grin, for once I'm thankful humans can't see me. I shift over to his book, he is still making cereal. Good good, I move ever so slightly over, hiding my puppet arm under the table so he won't see it. I look up, he is pouring the milk. Just one peek. I move my hand over the corner of the page and start turning-

SLAM

I let out a yelp and look up slowly, the book is slam shut and my wrist has been grabbed. Bill has a demonic smile plastered on his face, his eyes flaring red.

"Just. What. Do. You. Think. You. Are. Doing?" He says slowly, tilting his head, making his hair fall over one eye.

"Umm, uhh I.." Then, he GRABS MY CHEEKS. And MAKES me look at him.

"I'm. Not a human. I... Can see you Shooting Star. I WAS FROM THE DREAMSCAPE I CAN TOUCH YOU SHOOTING STAR!" His voice escalates into a frantic yell as his hair turns to fire and embers scatter out of his eyes.

"BILL SHUT THE FUCK UP I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!" Dipper yells from his bedroom.

Bills eyes return to their normal colour, his expression turns into guilt and his hair falls gently into place. He lets me go quickly and backs away, looking at his hands in fear. He turns his head and looks at Dippers door. "S-Sorry PineTree!" He says regretfully.

He looks at me, guilt and fear in his eyes. "I-I..." He takes a deep breathe and recollects himself. He puts a finger in between his eyebrows, and pushes, as if he is pushing back a bad headache.  "I'm sorry Shooting Star, that was completely out of line. I just would appreciate it if you respect my privacy. Also I wasn't lying I can see you. "He explains calmly.

My eyes open wide. "Jesus Christ on a bike, Dipper really has changed you. You just... Stopped. When he told you to!" I say in amazement.

Bill looks at Dippers bedroom door again, and smiles, his eyes squinting ever so slightly. "Yeah" he says turning to me.

"For the better."

The morning started with spilt milk and an agitated Dipper.

YES I AM GOING TO DO THIS THING ^^^^ I THINK IT IS A COOL IDEA OKAY?!