Chapter 24

Dipper's POV
~~~~~~~~~~

I turn my head away from Mabels body, and stare at Bill who is wobbling around.

"H-Hey you son of a .... Gun... Just beshause I am not feelin it roight now doesn't mean... HIC!... I'm not gonna be feeling it tomorrow..." He explains swaying.

Wish laughs evilly. "You honestly think you can defeat me when you have been taken in as a slave by these meek, puny, humans?"

Before Ford and I can answer for him Bill pushes past us and looks down on Wish.

"YOUUUU HONESTLY think you can defeat, ME? " His hair sets on fire, embers flying off in a whirl of directions, I leap back and so does Ford. So this is what Mabel was talking about...

"I'M BILL FUCKING CIPHER! I BURNED MY DIMENSION DOWN FOR THE FUN OF IT! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WISH? HMMM?" His voice got distorted and echoey with each word, a wicked grin stretching across his face.

For a split second I saw fear wash over Wish, his eyes turning to a glossy white.

"I, Bill. Have thought logically about each of my attacks instead of jumping into destruction. I, Bill. Have carefully picked each of my victims based on their goals and used those goals against them. You may have destroyed dimensions, but I, have a brain." Wish scoffed.

Bill grinned smugly. "Ahahhahahaha AHAHHAHAHAHAHAH BUT! MY DEAR WISH, YOU HAVEN'T SUCCEEDED IN ANY OF THOSE CAREFULLY THOUGHT OUT PLANS!"

Bill cackles as Wish glares at him. I look at him and chuckle. "Wait wait, your telling me you have never even completed your set out goals?" I ask, a grin stretches across my face as I join Bill in laughter.

Ford starts to chuckle as well, "And we saw you as a THREAT!" More laughter.

Wish's or Mabels, face turns into a scowled her unwashed hair suddenly lights up with an electric blue spark making it flame. "E-NOUGH!" He yells, the hair surrounds the shackles and melts them to nothing. He pushes the weak and hurt body up, now standing on the burning table, we all fly backwards. Except Bill, who smirks.

"Come at me ya bagel." He whispers. Wish screams with anger and throws himself at him. Bill catches his fists in his own hands as they tackle each other to the ground.

My eyes dart around the room, avoiding the scene in front of me. Ford pulls me up and hauls me out of the room shutting the metallic doors behind us.

"H-He could break out the entire time!" I shout. Ford nods fearfully as he presses buttons and levers.
I hold my head as the realisation clicks... "wait... Wait... FORD! He was using us AS BAIT! He was waiting for Bill! All he ever wanted was Bills death he must have known he would come with us if he used Mabel as bait... He PLANNED THIS ENTIRE THING!" I shout.

"Yes Dipper, I'm well aware he is more powerful than we initially thought. But I thought you would have realised Bill's taunting was apart of his plan." Ford explains dryly as he opens a strange screen and selects some options.

"W-Wha? I thought he was just drunk..."

"Dipper I have been through enough dimensions to know that Bill is much smarter then he lets on, he needed Wish to become angry for a reason. But what they both don't know is that I have a plan."

"Plan?" I ask hopeful.

"Yes. Push that button Dipper." He says pointing to a yellow button that comes out of the controls.

I raise my hand above it confidently, when I read the words flashing on the screen.

[AWAITING COMMAND TO DETONATE]

"Ford...." I mumble quietly.

"Do it now Dipper."

"Ford..." I say louder this time.

"I know what you are thinking Dipper but this is the only way."

"FORD! What will this button do?" I shout moving my hand away.

He sighs sadly. "It will burn and kill all demonic life, it was the last resort. I have been working on it to kill of Wish, but I discovered it would only work if he was at his full demonic power. I didn't know how to trigger that but..." He looks through the bulletproof glass. "It appears Bill does."

I watch Wish punch Bill in the jaw, he angrily pushes him away. "But Ford, look he isn't even hurting Mabels body... Did you tell him about this plan?" I ask hopeful.

"No! Of course not! I know Bill probably has a plan but this.. This... Is the best way to kill two birds... With one stone." Ford growls, placing his hand above the button.

"No! It will kill Bill!" I shout jumping on him.

"Get off Dipper! This is the best option, Bill and Wish will be gone! Two of the most dangerous demons in the universes!" Ford shouts, Bills head turns as he heads this.

"D-Don't DO IT PINETREE! I HAVE A PLAN THERE IS ANOTHER WAY!!!" He screams.

"Mason..." Ford says making my head turn to him, tears start to form in my eyes. "Don't you trust me?" He asks.

"PLEASE PINETREE! I TRUST YOU TO MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE HERE!" Bill shouts, his hair flaming beautifully.

"I... " My eyes dart from one person to the next. Mabel had to make this choice a long time ago... Between family and an unknown... And who did she pick?

I glare at Ford. "NO! I WILL NOT PUSH THAT GOD FORSAKEN BUTTON!" I shout, Bill smiles slightly as he pins Wish to the ground.

Ford sighs. "Fine. Then I will." He slams his curled fist into the button as I gasp.

[DETONATION COMMAND RECEIVED, INITIALISING DETONATION IN 3...]

"FORD HOW COULD YOU?!" I scream slamming my fists against the machine, while kicking it.

"I'm sorry Mason, it's for the best."

[2...]

I glare at Ford. "Don't call me that." I growl.

[1...]

I take one last look at Bill, he smiles sadly, winks,which makes my right eye hurt slightly,and blows a kiss.

[0... DETONATION PROCESS START]

A/N

HEY THAT IS EXACTLY 999 words! Oh.. OH CRAP I RUINED IT!