Chapter 31 (Or what would have been)

Dipper's POV
~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes stutter open, I glare at the bright light hitting my retinas, I'm in the attic on my bed again. Huh. I hope Bill wasn't found, or something worse happened. I groan and roll over before I hear a cough beside me. I turn and look, Ford stares at me with concern and curiosity.

Shit shit shit think up a lie. "It failed didn't it?" I grumble, Ford stands up.

"If you are referring to whatever Gideon did to you, then I have no idea. But I managed to ask Stan where you went and apparently you grabbed some fish." Ford strolled to the window and stares out, "Were you aware that those ingredients you collected were for an exorcism?"

"Mhmm, I was kind of scared that Bill was in my head because of nightmares so I wanted to take extra precautions."

"And was he?"

"From the looks of it, no, I was just paranoid."

"So why did you lie to me Dipper?" Ford asked looking hurt.

"You mean in the forest? Because you would have stopped us obviously-"

The door banged open "DIPPER WE NEED TO GO I HAVE AN ASSIGNMENT I DIDN'T FINISH AND NEED TO HAND UP IN PERSON RIGHT NOW!!!" Mabel screeched. I covered my ears and groaned.

"Go? But Mabel you just got here-"

"I know and I'm sorry Ford! I will visit super soon I swear! But I haven't been able to finish any of my work while Wish was in my body! I need to start catching up ASAP!" Mabel splutters. Ah, so we are doing the plan now.

"Surely I could ring your teacher and make up some excuse-"

"Can't Ford! We need to go NOW!" Mabel grabs my legs and starts dragging me off the bed.

"Mabel please!" Ford practically shouts, we both pause "I haven't seen you two since the Bill incident! I'd like to at least leave on good terms, can't you stay for a dinner or at least come back sometime this month?"

"Yeah we can probably come back real soon. But I think Mabel is right, I do have a job I need to get back to." I say with a sigh as I stand up and pull out my suitcase, chucking clothes in before zipping it up.

"Well, I hope you have told Stan and the others-"

"Everyone is aware, thanks for everything Ford, I mean it! Without you I would be probably dead by now!" Mabel pushes me out of the room and Ford follows slowly.

"Remember your body is healing! Eat lots and stay hydrated-"

------

After about two hours we are finally in the car and driving. I yawn and rest my head on the car window. Though I'll probably have to take over driving for Mabel when she gets tired...

"Bill is off next to the gravity falls sign, we're gonna pick him up on the way past. Sorry, I know this is moving fast but Ford started to get signals that Bill was around so we had to move fast.

---

A/N and this dear readers is where I got up to before I lost the plot and completely forgot, about this story. I doubt I will find the motivation to continue this but I feel terrible for leaving so many of you waiting in anticipation for a story that will probably never be finished.

The basic outline that would have proceeded this chapter was that Bill and Dipper once again live together, growing as friends and idk maybe more, I kind of forgot the romance element of this. Mabel is better and less selfish and they visit the family with basically no problems. I can't even remember how Bill gets around it, pretty sure in my plan he gives up his powers and submits to being human so that he is trusted.

I want to thank all of you who stuck by this story and gave me support, despite my absence from this app I always find comfort returning and finding hundreds of people who actually like what I do. It means a lot, thank you.
I am absolutely willing to give up this story idea to anyone, so if you wish to continue it, go forth! Write your hearts out!
Once again, thank you from the deepest crevasse of my bloodied and still beating heart ❤️