CHAPTER FOUR: Pink Petals of Friendship

Kunimitsu opened his eyes and saw nothing but his ceiling, I must have been dreaming, he thought to himself. He sat up on bed and bowed a little contemplating on the events that happened the night before. He rubbed his eyes before reaching for his glasses on top of his bed's head board. He didn't bother to look at the mirror, instead went straight to the bathroom to take a bath and brush his teeth.

After his morning rituals Kunimitsu gathered the papers which were accidentally scattered at the foot of his bed, they were the freshmen application forms that he was scanning through the night before. He packed them into his tennis bag before grabbing his school jacket looking at the time it says 5:40am, he was just on time. He grabbed his comb and faced the mirror, he was sleepily combing through his hair when noticed he couldn't see himself in the mirror. Huh! Where is my reflection? Kunimitsu tried to step to the sides to check if his reflection would appear on the mirror when he steps back, but it never did. It was not a dream.

He scanned the reflection in the mirror, it was sky blue room from last night, but it was a bit darker. He could see a slim figure lying on the bed with the sheets covering her entire body. She's still asleep. Kunimitsu noticeably flashed a small smile, amused by how the figure on the bed was sleeping so tightly.

"Ohayou Amani." He said quietly as to not wake up the girl in the mirror. "I hope to see you again tonight when I get back from school." He grabbed his tennis bag and slowly walked out of his room.

-oOo-

Rrrrriiiiinnnnggggg!

Amani tried to search for her alarm clock to turn it off. Why did I have to set the alarm? It wasn't a school day after all? Amani finally turned her alarm off and was about to go back to sleep when she remembered. Kunimitsu! She sprang up from her bed to look at her mirror. He's gone. Was it all a dream? Amani looked closely at the room reflected on the mirror. It wasn't hers, it was made of wood, with white sheets on the bed, and it looked more like a boy's room. It's was true…I wasn't dreaming; Kunimitsu was real.

Amani rushed to the bathroom to wash up before running back to the mirror, he glanced at her alarm which says it was 5:57am. "Kunimitsu." She called searching the reflection for the boy he was talking to the night before, but there was no answer. She tried to remember their conversation. Almost eleven…it was almost eleven in the evening last night when it was almost ten at night here. Our worlds must have an hour difference. Which means it's now 6:57am in his world. "He must have gone to school." Amani said out loud.

She stood up to fix her bed, open the windows to let the breeze come in. She picked a few parchments here and there that the wind blew to the floor after opening her window. By the time she was done it was 6:01am. She tried to look at the mirror for any signs of Kunimitsu, but to her surprise all she could see was her own reflection.

"It must have been just a dream, really." Placing one hand on the mirror which now clearly reflects her own room, when she noticed something on the floor.

She bent over to pick it up and wondered what they were. "Cherry Blossoms" she whispered. But how? She tried to move the full body mirror to see the opposite side but all she saw was her wall.

"Cherry Blossoms…" she smiled and placed the pink flowers on her desk.

-oOo-

"Tezuka!" Fuji called out as Kunimitsu passed by walking to his room.

"Fuji." Kunimitsu stopped right in front of Fuji to see what tensai wanted from him.

"Are you alright Tezuka?" Fuji asked with a smile.